• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MusicMatt97

Reaction score
Can you post a better picture of the creasing? Like you did on the quarters but if the vamp.

This is the only other pic of the vamp on the listing.
B4F98ACA-78F7-4226-8897-F75FE5849036.jpeg

MusicMatt97

Reaction score
You're good man, and I could be wrong. It just looks like creases to me, and Florsheim around that particular time (judging by the logo on the insole) did start using some CG heavily, and the burgundy usually looks like that.

What's the country of origin?

India. So I think you’re right.

MMiUSA

Reaction score
So, this past weekend I had the best thrift weekend I have had to date I do so believe. Started off by getting a NWT J. Lawrence Khakis sport shirt for $10.

Then at a single thrift store locally, I got the following collection of ties, as well as some RLPL Shirts and an Eton shirt as well.

The ties are Zegna, RLPL, Charvet, and Brioni. All at one single thrift store. The Charvet is NWT. I will throw up some pics of the shirts tomorrow.

Zegna:
IMG_6764.JPG

IMG_6766.JPG
IMG_6786.JPG
IMG_6791.JPG

Ralph Lauren Purple Label:
IMG_6771.JPG
IMG_6773.JPG

Brioni:
IMG_6780.JPG
IMG_6781.JPG
IMG_6796.JPG
IMG_6798.JPG

Charvet ( NWT ):
IMG_6833.JPG
IMG_6834.JPG

Last edited:

MusicMatt97

Reaction score
IIRC they did make Imperials in shell in India, BUT by the point they outsourced they would I believe surely be stamped with "shell cordovan" or "genuine shell cordovan" somewhere on the shoe.

Gotcha. The tongue just says leather outer.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
$250 for these two Lane tables, dated 1960 (or maybe it's 69 -- tough to read), a sure thing? Probably for personal. I know some of the listings for crazy money are aspirational.

View attachment 1565240

v good price for a pair in good condition. haven’t sold anything from this line in a long time, but the height of interest was during mad men (the coffee table from this line was in one of the offices), and has been waning. tough to find them in that kind of condition all original, though, so that’s a huge plus.

Those dove tail joints though, very nice!

on that line of lane furniture, the joints are an illusion created w veneer.

MusicMatt97

Reaction score
I actually just cross referenced with another made in India pair with Shell, and they actually don't have a shell stamp anywhere.

The side shot you posted gives me more pause, does kind of resemble shell TBH. Model #?

17108-05

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage audio this evening. Luxman is in great condition and has rosewood veneer case, the Pioneer, not nearly as much, but vintage audio is through the roof right now.
View attachment 1565369
For about a half a second, I thought I stumbled on a bunch of new boxed LP sets, Rush, Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd...
View attachment 1565374
Just snagged the unopened ones for $4 ea
View attachment 1565375

$25 each for those? Wow...shocked those weren’t marked up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads