• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mskis

Reaction score
Can’t compete with the shades and sweaters above, but half off was friendly on this stop.
99F1A80B-EE7A-41F8-B4AC-DBFEDC387D48.jpeg

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Completely forgot I had picked these up until they surfaced in my backlog pile today. Sometimes I can't believe I leave stuff like this lying around unsold for months. From a local animal charity shop, all three on the same day, ten bucks each. Even found a pic of Kanye wearing one, I think in the 90s.

View attachment 1564355 View attachment 1564356
View attachment 1564359

View attachment 1564353 View attachment 1564354 View attachment 1564357 View attachment 1564358
Got that same one last year. I believe I sold it for around $500.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage audio this evening. Luxman is in great condition and has rosewood veneer case, the Pioneer, not nearly as much, but vintage audio is through the roof right now.
20210301_190639.jpg

For about a half a second, I thought I stumbled on a bunch of new boxed LP sets, Rush, Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd...
20210301_192134.jpg

Just snagged the unopened ones for $4 ea
20210301_192140.jpg

sandfourman

Reaction score
Vintage audio this evening. Luxman is in great condition and has rosewood veneer case, the Pioneer, not nearly as much, but vintage audio is through the roof right now.
View attachment 1565369
For about a half a second, I thought I stumbled on a bunch of new boxed LP sets, Rush, Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd...
View attachment 1565374
View attachment 1565375
so what your saying is i should look for vintage audio lol. nice finds in all seriousness.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1565369
View attachment 1565374
View attachment 1565375

That Luxman will flip quickly for 5 or 6. That's a winner right there

Hopefully the digital display for that Pioneer is still working. Clean it up, find a replacement knob and you can flip that for a 2 hundred-ish. Most of those half analogue half digital equipment doesn't get as much love as full analogue

Deoxit D5 is your friend. It gets rid of the snap, crackle & pop when changing volume

1614653740821.png

Goodwill near me...hell in my region doesn't carry anything worth a damn

MusicMatt97

Reaction score
Question for y’all: I’ve never handled a shell cordovan shoe before, only seen pics online and handled a natural shell key chain I have. I’ve mistakenly copped a pair of vintage oxfords thinking they were cordovan but was actually that vintage overly-corrected crap leather that kind of looks like cordovan. What are your thoughts?
D0874CBE-DA62-42DC-9B62-536DFBD8678F.jpeg
A1925F4C-B540-438C-A031-86F5439BE886.jpeg

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question for y’all: I’ve never handled a shell cordovan shoe before, only seen pics online and handled a natural shell key chain I have. I’ve mistakenly copped a pair of vintage oxfords thinking they were cordovan but was actually that vintage overly-corrected crap leather that kind of looks like cordovan. What are your thoughts? View attachment 1565410 View attachment 1565411
Can you post a better picture of the creasing? Like you did on the quarters but if the vamp.

MMiUSA

Reaction score
Question for y’all: I’ve never handled a shell cordovan shoe before, only seen pics online and handled a natural shell key chain I have. I’ve mistakenly copped a pair of vintage oxfords thinking they were cordovan but was actually that vintage overly-corrected crap leather that kind of looks like cordovan. What are your thoughts? View attachment 1565410 View attachment 1565411

Those particular imperials I do believe are corrected grain, and not shell.

BUT

I wouldn't call them "crap" by any means. Plenty of decent leather is "corrected grain", people throw that term around negatively but it isn't really exclusively negative.

MusicMatt97

Reaction score
Those particular imperials I do believe are corrected grain, and not shell.

BUT

I wouldn't call them "crap" by any means. Plenty of decent leather is "corrected grain", people throw that term around negatively but it isn't really exclusively negative.
That was my thought.

And yes, you’re correct, I shouldn’t throw it around like that. My bad. I’m talking about a very specific type of corrected leather. Like the worst quality. On the shoes I got, any tiny nick or scratch turned white. Plus the shoes had so little base leather left no polish or cream would work on them. That’s the specific leather I was referring to. Should have been more specific.

MMiUSA

Reaction score
That was my thought.

And yes, you’re correct, I shouldn’t throw it around like that. My bad. I’m talking about a very specific type of corrected leather. Like the worst quality. On the shoes I got, any tiny nick or scratch turned white. Plus the shoes had so little base leather left no polish or cream would work on them. That’s the specific leather I was referring to. Should have been more specific.

You're good man, and I could be wrong. It just looks like creases to me, and Florsheim around that particular time (judging by the logo on the insole) did start using some CG heavily, and the burgundy usually looks like that.

What's the country of origin?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics