• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what this says? It’s inside the George cleverleys
View attachment 1563511 View attachment 1563512

Not much point trying to decipher as there's no clear sizing...Cleverley are made by C&J or E&G (if the highest range which on that last they aren't).

A picture of the sole might help determine whether they are actually bespoke, however, with those shoe trees I do doubt it.

Comparing to my own couple of Cleverleys I believe they're C&J as anything by EG is on an extreme pointed last (Same as RLPL used to use?).

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not much point trying to decipher as there's no clear sizing...Cleverley are made by C&J or E&G (if the highest range which on that last they aren't).

A picture of the sole might help determine whether they are actually bespoke, however, with those shoe trees I do doubt it.

Comparing to my own couple of Cleverleys I believe they're C&J as anything by EG is on an extreme pointed last (Same as RLPL used to use?).
BB78649B-9300-4991-A9C5-EC8ECF388248.jpeg
EF51AE2A-D832-45AD-B66E-7F6C94CF0292.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check the shoe trees maybe there is a size on it.
Or next time you're in a thrift store buy some shoe trees of varying sizes and see which fits the shoe .

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So bespoke or MTM and what is the difference between the two?
View attachment 1563807
Bespoke is when the build a last specifically for your feet and build the whole shoe around it. MTM is when they use an existing last from their selection and then make other tweaks to accommodate your foot. You can also usually make cosmetic changes.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh and if it’s MTM does that mean was was made by GC or was it one of the other shoemakers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads