• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great minds think alike. I store my watch collection in this bad boy.
20190316_201458.jpg

@sandfourman which Zodiacccs have your attention? Vintage or the Post-Fosssssil version of the brand? The last week got me interested in digging through my trove of finds to remind myself what I’ve found over the past couple of years when I got more seriously into thrifting as my drug of choice. These are not really available for anyone, but would potentially consider working out some sort of trade deal with a contributing regular. Read: I’m a hoarder and have a hard time letting stuff I like go. Haha.

These are my personal favorite true thrift timepiece finds:
Hamiltonnn with diamonds and some major dial destruction lovingly referred to as “patina”, super thin longy quartz, Seth Thomas dialed Roammmer, new Glorious Zodi (uses same movement as the same years’ Wolves of the Sea, so score!), the recently acquired Master of the Sea, and a Sheffiellld diver doing its best Roly diver impression. All of these function, but I haven’t been able to figure out the Sheffy’s day date adjustment. Seems to be stuck at how it is currently. Still keeps accurate time though!
View attachment 1562863
These are the Zodi that I have (that I could find, haha.) Seadragonnn, Desert Falconnn, pink dial one that I don’t care to know the name/model, and the new addition (being the oldest of the bunch) with the Glorious.
View attachment 1562864
Oh, and check out this sweet hally zero case. What does it contain? Cocaine, cash, guns?!?...
View attachment 1562865
oh, just a ton of watches that I’ve slowly been amassing over the past couple years. These are the “nicer” ones, not a single junky dollar store watch in here! Seikkko, G-Shockkk, citizennn, automatics ranging from timex to Russians, etc.

My 6 year old has a heyday with all the other junkier ones that these were hidden amongst at the hunting grounds. Just might have a professional watchmaker as a son if I keep him interested in it! Ha.
View attachment 1562866
@sandfourman which Zodiacccs have your attention? Vintage or the Post-Fosssssil version of the brand? The last week got me interested in digging through my trove of finds to remind myself what I’ve found over the past couple of years when I got more seriously into thrifting as my drug of choice. These are not really available for anyone, but would potentially consider working out some sort of trade deal with a contributing regular. Read: I’m a hoarder and have a hard time letting stuff I like go. Haha.

These are my personal favorite true thrift timepiece finds:
Hamiltonnn with diamonds and some major dial destruction lovingly referred to as “patina”, super thin longy quartz, Seth Thomas dialed Roammmer, new Glorious Zodi (uses same movement as the same years’ Wolves of the Sea, so score!), the recently acquired Master of the Sea, and a Sheffiellld diver doing its best Roly diver impression. All of these function, but I haven’t been able to figure out the Sheffy’s day date adjustment. Seems to be stuck at how it is currently. Still keeps accurate time though!
View attachment 1562863
These are the Zodi that I have (that I could find, haha.) Seadragonnn, Desert Falconnn, pink dial one that I don’t care to know the name/model, and the new addition (being the oldest of the bunch) with the Glorious.
View attachment 1562864
Oh, and check out this sweet hally zero case. What does it contain? Cocaine, cash, guns?!?...
View attachment 1562865
oh, just a ton of watches that I’ve slowly been amassing over the past couple years. These are the “nicer” ones, not a single junky dollar store watch in here! Seikkko, G-Shockkk, citizennn, automatics ranging from timex to Russians, etc.

My 6 year old has a heyday with all the other junkier ones that these were hidden amongst at the hunting grounds. Just might have a professional watchmaker as a son if I keep him interested in it! Ha.
View attachment 1562866

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads