• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stuff from this weekend, new chrome bag to replace the one I’ve been using for ~6 years. Leather pants are women’s, didn’t know the brand but they were so cheap I picked em up. Same deal with the Savile, didn’t know the name but finishing touches were stellar. Couldn’t find the pants but couldn’t View attachment 1559980

Ruffo is high level stuff. I am not sure if they still make it. Someone more knowledgeable can chime in but I would equate the leather with sulka. I have bought a few pieces for cheap on ebay as almost no one knows the name. I think that they made for other brands as well including maybe Versace. @SpooPoker should know.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a couple Hartmann tweet bags today: 28" (32"?) rolling suitcase and a huge ass rolling garment bag both in nearly new condition with unmarked leather but I didn't bite

20210222_124650.jpg

20210222_124710.jpg

I talked to my lil brother and he told me I will never be a successful flipper because anytime I find things, I fall in love and then buy them for myself. He doesn't know what he is talking about...

So I went to spot #2 and found a 22" Hartmann tweed rolling carryon, just what I need to complement my tweed 747 carryon.

20210222_140635.jpg

So as I was saying, my brother doesn't know what he is talking about...

I didn't cop the first 2 because the garment bag had bugs. I opened it up and there were live ladybugs and stink bugs crawling in there. I wondered if there were bed bugs as well and almost immediately began itching.

**** I'm itching again just thinking about it

Attachments

• 20210222_124650.jpg
    20210222_124650.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210222_124710.jpg
    20210222_124710.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 6

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love luggage! always admired the older US made hartmann travelware. i've seen a few in my time, but didn't bite. even one was at the bins. i don't want to deal with shipping and i don't want people coming over to our place to buy locally right now.

and truth be told, i'm just more of a Briggs & Riley Baseline kinda guy. they are just so well thought out.

I saw a couple Hartmann tweet bags today: 28" (32"?) rolling suitcase and a huge ass rolling garment bag both in nearly new condition with unmarked leather but I didn't bite

View attachment 1560391
View attachment 1560392

I talked to my lil brother and he told me I will never be a successful flipper because anytime I find things, I fall in love and then buy them for myself. He doesn't know what he is talking about...

So I went to spot #2 and found a 22" Hartmann tweed rolling carryon, just what I need to complement my tweed 747 carryon.

View attachment 1560393

I didn't cop the first 2 because the garment bag had bugs. I opened it up and there were live ladybugs and stink bugs crawling in there. I wondered if there were bed bugs as well and almost immediately began itching.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does it fit you? are ya gonna keep it? if it were me and it fit, i'd definitely keep it for now... you can always sell later.

why risk getting it damaged or soiled with something,i would be paranoid to wear that anywhere.
sell that ***** and enjoy the cash, he has it listed for over 3 grand and i hope he gets it,with that you can buy a very nice sportcoat to wear out and still have enough cash for a nice watch or vacation to round it out .
(or horsehide flight jacket)

JamesJohn

Reaction score
The thrifts around me have been completely dry and a waste of time. It also seems that the lines are even bigger and the people more desperate. They just opened up some stores and there just hasn’t seemed like enough to go around.

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1560391
View attachment 1560392

View attachment 1560393

This one from the sold comps looks similar and for $64 to ship probably included disposal of the body that was stuffed inside...
1614025374534.png

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why risk getting it damaged or soiled with something,i would be paranoid to wear that anywhere.
sell that ***** and enjoy the cash, he has it listed for over 3 grand and i hope he gets it,with that you can buy a very nice sportcoat to wear out and still have enough cash for a nice watch or vacation to round it out .

Couldnt agree more. I would be so paranoid wearing that around. I see kids at the bins wearing Nirvana Heart Shaped Box and Rap Tees, that go for easily over $1K, and just think whats the point?

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Exactly. It actually fits pretty well but I got nowhere to wear that expensive of a coat and the money would pay for a nice vacation.

If I was still doing this as a hobby, maybe I'd keep it but as a business, it was an easy decision to list it.

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, for the 1st time in months, i drove by the bins. ******* line nearly around the block. WTF? i'm not spending all day in line with a bunch of strangers (and their germs).

i really miss the bins though :-(

The thrifts around me have been completely dry and a waste of time. It also seems that the lines are even bigger and the people more desperate. They just opened up some stores and there just hasn’t seemed like enough to go around.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you suppose they're competition for you, or just looking for deals themselves?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads