• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ties? They're straight forward once you know what to look for. 99% aren't worth the time once you zero in. I don't see the point of hoarding ties to sort later. Either you know what you're doing or you don't.

I haven't noticed, I just try on things in front of the mirrors all around. Regardless, didn't you not long ago admit to doing the same thing with ties? I don't see the issue, of course it's going to be annoying but they beat you to the punch my guy. It sucks but you're not always going to be the first one to grab something.

Last edited:

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ties? They're straight forward once you know what to look for. 99% aren't worth the time once you zero in. I don't see the point of hoarding ties to sort later. Either you know what you're doing or you don't.

And most simply don't. Nine times out of ten when I find a fantastic tie, it's not the only one on the rack!

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
14 T&A, 1 drake’s and 1 PRL. £1.25 each...

B923CC44-09C0-4798-9ACD-AFA700598113.jpeg

Bon Vivant Life

Reaction score

i need to confess, one GW on my route does not have a rack, all the ties in piled into a storage bin. So i take my cart over and dump the ties into it, and then sort through putting them back into bin. in all the years doing this, only once did someone call me out on it, but we worked it out that we would each take a handful, sort through, and then pass to other person. neither one of us got anything.
and agree, the bins are the worst. people just grabbing everything and dumping it in cart to sort out at end of day.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i need to confess, one GW on my route does not have a rack, all the ties in piled into a storage bin. So i take my cart over and dump the ties into it, and then sort through putting them back into bin. in all the years doing this, only once did someone call me out on it, but we worked it out that we would each take a handful, sort through, and then pass to other person. neither one of us got anything.
and agree, the bins are the worst. people just grabbing everything and dumping it in cart to sort out at end of day.
I feel like a bin full of tie spaghetti is a reasonable excuse to use your method. Carry on.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CHARITY SHOPS OPEN BACK UP TOMORROW!
:fonz:

Well I had fun today, but not many finds to speak of unfortunately. Purp did us proud however! Nice to see the charity shops finally able to bring in some much-needed income. Loads of people were out and about. Even had to queue to get in some places!
4FB268D5-1917-4A54-874D-6DE455D31C88.jpeg
58EE4787-F0FE-4BE1-8583-2CFF70B7DDAB.jpeg
CC61296A-6D76-4739-B625-CD8D7D07145E.jpeg
FB3DB8FE-DB7D-4F6D-A09D-BC7F9189A451.jpeg

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello there.
20201202_175632.jpg
20201202_175645.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads