• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JamesJohn

Reaction score
@impuntura He did clarify after that he condones that kind of hoarding. The whole point of doing that is to stop the other people from even SEEING if there was anything good in that section.

rokor

Reaction score
You did miss his point because you can NOT try clothes on in any stores now,so they are just hoarding and looking through to resell
I haven't noticed, I just try on things in front of the mirrors all around. Regardless, didn't you not long ago admit to doing the same thing with ties? I don't see the issue, of course it's going to be annoying but they beat you to the punch my guy. It sucks but you're not always going to be the first one to grab something.

JamesJohn

Reaction score
@rokor he didn’t admit doing that with ties at all. The guy said he took all the good ties. That doesn’t mean he took every single tie off the rack into a cart and went to a corner to sort through them. That’s what we’re talking about here.

rokor

Reaction score
@JamesJohn I understand your frustration. I used to enjoy going through every single item in the store and end up spending half the day at only 2 or 3 shops but I never tried too hard to get the newest things from the back like the sharks awaiting feeding.

rokor

Reaction score
Guys I get the picture haha, grabbing handfuls of things off the racks and putting them into a shopping cart not knowing what you have until you put it into your personal little corner, I know it's annoying but it happens and there's not much to be done about it unless you're the type for confrontation.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little teaser from the garment I just picked up. Dated 1940.
View attachment 1508232
Did you find his uniform?
1606852317034.png

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed, I just try on things in front of the mirrors all around. Regardless, didn't you not long ago admit to doing the same thing with ties? I don't see the issue, of course it's going to be annoying but they beat you to the punch my guy. It sucks but you're not always going to be the first one to grab something.
[/QUOTE
Yeah I bought all of them ,the 20 I grabbed .I didn't grab the whole rack.
It's not annoying till it happens to you I guess.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrifting has been abysmal in the area that I live. I have gone out most days but have been finding nothing every time. I’ve even run into some teens that throw every single item into their cart, just so you can’t look through the rack. They then go to a corner and look through the stuff.

If someone needs to do that, they need the money more than you. Sometimes it's not worth dealing with that BS.

Otherwise, you'd be saying,

"I decked this kid in the face for Vicuna. Worth it".

I'd still applaud you!

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If someone needs to do that, they need the money more than you. Sometimes it's not worth dealing with that BS.

Otherwise, you'd be saying,

"I decked this kid in the face for Vicuna. Worth it".

I'd still applaud you!
I would slap your face a thousand times over for a vicuña coat

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics