• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I completely understand. I find insane deals (for me) but when I go to poast my great finds, all I see is Brioni this, Hermes that, sterling silver & 14k gold Tiffany buttons, etc.

For example:

Me: Look at this brand new box of fancy wine stoppers $5.00 at my local thrift. They look expensive. Oh sh!t - they are going to $40 on Amazon. Hot Damn Rumples, you dun hit it big my boy!!! I should take pics and poast in the Official Discount Bragging Thread...

random poaster: "So I stumbled on a case of absinthe that was recovered from HMS Excelsior which was lost in the Bermuda Triangle in the late 1750s..."

Me: <delete> <delete> <delete>

99.99999% of the time I just keep my "great" (read: piddly bvllsh!t) finds to myself and just try to figure out which areas these lucky bastards live :rotflmao:
I like all types of items that people post that they got cheap in a second hand shop, rather than buying them new. Sure the Larry Piano sweaters and Kitty suits are nice and such, but so is a cheap bike that someone will gift their children for Christmas. If you enjoyed what you bought, chances are someone else here will as well.

LiamD

Reaction score
Just dig around a bit and. . "Hey, Mint late 80's ugly sweater".

Whatever floats your boat mate!

Me? I'm looking for another one of these
1606324782418.png

My best thrift shop find was an original 70s Seditionaries 'gay cowboys' Tee. It went for the thick end of a grand on Ebay.

rokor

Reaction score
I was just talking to a friend about SEX and Seditionaries and how the market bubble for the tees was caused entirely by resellers buying at a super low amount and just keeping them priced unfortunately high. Reality is they're only worth a couple hundred bucks and occasionally you'll see them come up for about that much. I'm surprised yours actually sold for so much, the cowboy one isn't even the most desirable.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey #BarbourBoiz, any ideas on what this jacket model is called? The fabric is much lighter weight than the standard field coat and has a metal Barbour nameplate on the back neck area.
Did you check all the inside/outside pockets? There's almost always another tag with the model name.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Not quite live, but almost, and for the car guys, a thrift-funded and priced purchase, so spoilered accordingly.
'09 ML550 to replace the Expy towing it as my thrift schlepper/beater. 382hp, 79K, one owner and a thrifty $7100 out of the dealer-only auction in Vegas. Almost went for an ML63 for the extra 110hp, but dang, much harder to get parts for those . . .
IMG_0258.JPG
IMG_0260.JPG

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice ride @Sartoriamo ! Vegas is almooooossssttt my backyard! Haha. I need to get in on some vehicle auctions, have some friends that do that. Seems like some fun and deals to be had.

the one thing I can’t figure out is how to get keys for a car you bought at auction. Some nice ones are abandoned, impounded, or recoveries

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the one thing I can’t figure out is how to get keys for a car you bought at auction. Some nice ones are abandoned, impounded, or recoveries
If you have the VIN and proof of ownership the dealer can make you new programable keys - The Mercedes dealer could do it for about 500 if I recall correctly. I may or may not have lost my keys at a concert in college and my spare set was at my parents house in another state.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads