• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Hit me up on any size 12's. Unless Chucks or Puma's for a quick turnover.

Strong chance i can't find them myself.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
LAST CALL

for the gift exchange! I will be drawing names either tomorrow evening or early Monday morning my time, so you need to get in touch today/tonight if you would like to be involved in the gift exchange!

Again, I'll be drawing the names tomorrow evening/early Monday morning my time, so please no PMs asking me if I forgot to draw the names!

Glad that we got a few more registered in the last 24 hours!

gorebug

Reaction score
I've mostly lurked here in 2020 but am now moving things at a pace I'm pleased with. Don't seem to find any of the ultra-high end stuff that often gets posted here, but here are some of my better finds this year.

These two were about 12" apart on the same rack.
1CG_9396.jpeg
1CG_9392.jpeg

Ugly, but Draggin Jeans are kevlar lined and popular with Motorcycle Riders
1CG_8549.jpeg

Silky shearling
1CG_8509.jpeg

My first Pendleton
1CG_8818.jpeg

Sprung Made in Canada
1CG_0087.jpeg

Sears down filled Made in Canada
1CG_0449.jpeg

Leather Brooks Brothers Ladies Trench
1CG_0442.jpeg

Minty North Face 3-in-1
1CG_0638.jpeg

RM Williams Moleskin Barn Coat
1CG_0595.jpeg

rokor

Reaction score
Most of my fits these days are either completely thrifted or originated from Spoo or Grailed. I can’t think of the last piece of clothing that I payed retail for which is so weird to me. Here’s a thrift fit which I really like, the pants are such a grail to me (Haider Ackermann).
A1428046-FFEF-4D19-9A16-D438B3E2CD49.jpeg

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of my fits these days are either completely thrifted or originated from Spoo or Grailed. I can’t think of the last piece of clothing that I payed retail for which is so weird to me. Here’s a thrift fit which I really like, the pants are such a grail to me (Haider Ackermann). View attachment 1487959

That whole getup looks great! Especially liking the shoes with the trousers - it just screams jazz music and scotch to me.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boris just announced England are going on a 4-week national lock down from Thursday. Gonna have to hit those thrifts hard early next week. ****.

Not to get too far down this road in here, but seriously: what the hell is with these half-measures and *****footing around?

The 21st century is going to be known for its lack of real leaders and empty thrift stores - because everyone's going to take the cashmere and run. :censored:

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
most likely relco is just the manufacturer of the dimmer switch—they’re a parts manufacturer. lamps that have lost their mark or were not marked to begin with are often misattributed to relco, as those examples are.
An excellent example of why this thread is awesome: depth of knowledge. Yes, you're exactly correct. I remember seeing the Relco name before, and that's exactly where it was: on the dimmer switches of 60-80s lighting. So I agree that many of these supposed comp listings are likely misbranded. I had a chance to go over the lamp briefly before I put it in the storage unit and I don't see any markings on it, but it's super-heavy and beautifully constructed, thick china shades, so I'm guessing it's the design house predecessor of those cheap flexi-lamps you find in Home Depot. Further research will tell.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FFS :censored: While bringing a batch of clothes to my tailor I ripped the **** out of my favorite pair of Zegna flannel pants... Anyone out there with a 52 or 54 pair who wants to trade or get good money for it? Don't really care for the brand as long as it's good quality. Cheers from the North!

GoldenHarvestMedal

Reaction score
FFS :censored: While bringing a batch of clothes to my tailor I ripped the **** out of my favorite pair of Zegna flannel pants... Anyone out there with a 52 or 54 pair who wants to trade or get good money for it? Don't really care for the brand as long as it's good quality. Cheers from the North!
52 or 54 in Euro size (about 36 or 38 US), right?

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of a heartbreak finding these, but also a lot of firsts:

20201031_130359.jpg
20201031_130351.jpg

20201031_130343.jpg

First time finding Alden Restoration, First time finding brand new Alden soles, first time leaving Aldens behind, first time finding shoes where the soles were in better shape than the uppers and first time finding shoes that someone tore the insoles out of. Notice there's no store tag - someone ripped the insole piece out in the store lol.

Was a shame.. Almost would have got em if the uppers/toes weren't gouged to hell. I imagine I could've emailed Alden and they would've sent me another set of insoles. Also can't believe they priced em at $20 with that damage -_-.

Last edited:

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brand new resolve from the maker?! I’d have bought them. Those scuffs could have been sanded out or covered up relatively easy. And insoles are easy fix, too.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The lighting and angle may make the damage look more superficial. The toe of that one was gouged deeply down into the sub-layer - you can sort of see the lighter colored lining coming through. That was just the toe too, the heel backs were pretty deeply gouged as well. I walked around with them in the store for a while thinking about it but in the end it would've taken hours of sanding, filler application, polishing and finding or making new insoles.

My guess is the guy paid Alden $169 to restore em, maybe thinking they were going to address or recraft the toes. He probably got em back and saw they didn't touch the toes and tossed em.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads