• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever "helped out" someone else at their local thrift?

This one time I was going through some scarves, and I saw this woman who was obviously trying to find something warm for winter in the same aisle. I had some great scarves in my hand, but I didn't need any more and I felt a bit bad, so I gave her the ones I had and let her know they were of good quality. She definitely appreciated the help.

I feel sometimes like I have an obligation to give people a hand when I can see that they're actually looking for something decent too, and I already have enough. Anyway, just something to think about...

I often think about the guy who was trying on dress shirts while I was looking at the ties at the end of the rack. He found a nice white shirt that he put on over his t-shirt and tucked it into his jeans. He approached me, and in fairly broken English said he had a job interview that day and asked if he could try on the tie in my hand. I'm not sure what brand it was, but it was something I was only going to buy because it was one dollar, but probably wouldn't if it was five. I said sure and went to hand it to him, but he said he didn't know how to tie it. So I tied it loosely around my neck and gave it to him to tighten and fixed his collar for him. He said thank you and then I watched him walk past the registers and out the front door without paying.

At first I felt bad that I had just helped someone steal, but the more I thought about it I imagine he had to be in a pretty low place to need steal $4 worth of used clothing and he was obviously trying to take steps to better his situation. At the end of the day I just hope he got the job.

eddiegreen

Reaction score
4C339D76-F9C6-4961-8C6E-F32D25EB69B0.jpeg

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's a 1-5 scale
1=extra small
2=small
3=medium
4=large
5=extra large

Can anyone offer some help on the sizing convention of this Paul & Shark sweater? It's clearly a men's (I think), but I cannot find any info on how to interpret the size "4". I've found a few others like it on the internet, but no explanation. I'd like to list it, but first would like to know a little more about how it's sized. P2P it's 21 inches, S2S it's 20 inches.

Please excuse the dirt, I haven't cleaned it up yet. Thanks!

View attachment 1486519
View attachment 1486522
View attachment 1486523

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's a 1-5 scale
1=extra small
2=small
3=medium
4=large
5=extra large
It looks like the sizing is German or at least the same as Merz b. Schwanen uses. 4/S 5/M 6/L etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads