• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Hive Mind!
I just want confirmation that I am not looking at a pair of shell cordovan shoes. The shoe is one of four C&J sold as a(n) (insert collective noun here). I have seen other C&J shoes that has the text leather upper/lining while being genuine shell cordovan. The pictures were taken but the auction house so maybe not the best ones, but those are creases, not "rolls" right? I have never seen a pair of used cordovan shoes in the flesh so unsure to what those rolls actually look and feel like. Thanks in advance.
/L
Modell.jpg
Vamp.jpg

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not bought them yet hehe. It is an auction outside of my town. Will have some friends present to bid for me hehe. Also all four C&J shoes (and the other ones) are my size. I intend to keep them but will flip if they don't fit me

Last edited:

JChong8

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m posting with a very heavy heart as I lost my dad yesterday early morning to a completely sudden heart attack. He was only 58 years old and I thought I was going to have more time for him to see me become more successful and hopefully start my own family. I am going through all the emotions I have right now and just can’t sleep at all. I know we don’t control these things in life and it’s not really possible to make sense of it all. I just thought I’d make a post because even though you guys don’t know it. This thread and the individuals in it have meant a lot to my life.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m posting with a very heavy heart as I lost my dad yesterday early morning to a completely sudden heart attack. He was only 58 years old and I thought I was going to have more time for him to see me become more successful and hopefully start my own family. I am going through all the emotions I have right now and just can’t sleep at all. I know we don’t control these things in life and it’s not really possible to make sense of it all. I just thought I’d make a post because even though you guys don’t know it. This thread and the individuals in it have meant a lot to my life.

This single thread is the best little corner of the entire internet, and no one can convince me otherwise. Sorry for your loss man.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel you. My dad had a scare last month. Take whatever time to you need to help your family and yourself.

GoldenHarvestMedal

Reaction score
Very sorry for you! You take good care!

My dad passed away when he was 54 and I was very young at that time.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing someone close is always difficult, but I assume it's particularly painful to lose a parent, no matter how old we are. I hope you'll take some time to grieve (read: be miserable) and you're able to find comfort with family and friends in your collective sorrow.

Please be easy on yourself and don't beat yourself up too much for feeling whatever you feel, no matter how taboo. If nothing else, hold on to the thought that no matter how low you feel over the next days or weeks, one day you won't feel quite as bad. The human brain is pretty amazing and successful grieving often leaves us with some of the best memories we have of the departed. It sounds ridiculous, but we can often look forward to a point in the future where we have shed the acute pain and are left with an abundance of happy memories.

Though I'm a stranger, please send my condolences to your family.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Let me extend my condolences to you and your family. There are few things more painful than losing a family member.

An end comes for us all - grieve while you must, and then live a life that would make him proud.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slightly off topic. When Vince was doing "wrastling" for Ted Turner's superstation they had an event in Atlanta I went to and its where Andre the Giant comes out of the crowd and goes into the ring and throws all the other guys out for the closing match, the original reality television.
View attachment 1478816
edit: Andre is the gentleman on the far right.
Andre was the biggest man I've ever met and that includes Shaq, Barkley, Sam Perkins, Tommy Burleson.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics