• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Besides brand, it's all about the cut. For the most part, they better be slim cut, 2 button, flat front pants, either single or double vented.

If you have baggy 3 button, double breasted, pleated, cuffed, ventless... They're not very desirable, no matter the brand.

And as others have said, classic menswear isn't doing that great right now... What with everyone working from home, no parties to attend, etc.

It's an excellent time to stock up for your own collection, however. Inevitably things will change again, and I'm guessing people will look to the classics for inspiration.

Which is to say, I have my ties and I'm keeping them!

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's an excellent time to stock up for your own collection, however. Inevitably things will change again, and I'm guessing people will look to the classics for inspiration.

Which is to say, I have my ties and I'm keeping them!
Hopefully they go back to the classic's. Not going back to the crap that they let FOGXZEGNA,mettalica. bullshit garbage.

KotaB

Reaction score
Meth is a hell of a drug. Poor boots. That's real shark on the heel counter right?
20200926_183733.jpg
20200926_183736.jpg
20200926_183740.jpg

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Still going out Thrifting, But not much that would gather much excitement. Just rediscovering jeans i had gotten too fat for that fit now. And clothes or toys for my son.
We got him a mini-trampoline that he bounces on to Japanese power metal.
And a buffet of PS1 games, which i should post. We were given some bags of clothes for him by a colleague of my wife, which has some good stuff in it. yeah, still #Thriftlife

Idea:

This year we all send each other ugly sweaters. The uglier the better. with the regular fare. then we all fit pic our ugly sweaters as a festival. Ya?

@HansderHund When is this going to kick off?

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My radio, believe me, I like it loud
I'm the man with a box that can rock the crowd
Walkin' down the street, to the hardcore beat
While my JVC vibrates the concrete
I'm sorry if you can't understand
But I need a radio inside my hand
Don't mean to offend other citizens
But I kick my volume way past 10
My story is rough, my neighborhood is tough
But I still sport gold, and I'm out to crush
My name is Cool J, I devastate the show
But I couldn't survive without my radio

1601217311285.png

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Recent finds...

Nothing available at the moment.

That suede trucker is only from Benetton, but it's neat.

fullsizeoutput_18f76.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_18f67.jpeg

Love this hunting jacket:

fullsizeoutput_18f68.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_18f50.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_18f69.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_18f52.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_18f6a.jpeg

I didn't know "Eat Dust," but they looked like something so I grabbed them.

fullsizeoutput_18f54.jpeg

Anonymous shearling:

fullsizeoutput_18f6c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_18f6d.jpeg

I should have left this, but I so rarely find trad stuff like this so I went ahead and got it. Several moth holes, unfortunately.

fullsizeoutput_18f6e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_18f6f.jpeg

Really nice old leather garment bag.

fullsizeoutput_18f70.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_18f71.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_18f5d.jpeg

I know nothing of this brand, but nice wholecuts:

fullsizeoutput_18f5f.jpeg

Glasses are Carrera and Dior Homme, both prescription unfortunately.

fullsizeoutput_18f72.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_18f73.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_18f74.jpeg

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I paid up for these and they were an e-thrift, but I've been after something similar. Great color and fit well. Crockett & Jones Coniston:

fullsizeoutput_18f64.jpeg

Not familiar with the Lenco although they look really nice and still have the box. I am familiar with the AKG’s and those are very solid. There is one particular model in this line that is very highly regarded. Should be able to find it with a quick search.

Sorry, forgot to say thanks for the help! I still haven't tested them, so I have no idea whether they're good to go or not!

@HansderHund When is this going to kick off?

JUST A REMINDER...

that the 9th Annual Gift Exchange will begin next month! [Cue someone ignoring this sentence and immediately saying "Gift exchange?! It's only September." Yeah, asshole, I get it, but it's the same timeline. Every. Single. Year.]

THIS IS NOT A SIGNUP, but a reminder to newer guys that would like to join that you need a minimum of 100 posts to join, no exceptions. Posts can be anywhere on SF, not limited to the Thrift Thread, so if you're interested in joining and don't yet have the requisite posts, you have a month to get posting!

Registration will be announced mid-October and will be open for 2 weeks. Names will be drawn ca. November 1st, after which you will have 1 full month to shop. Gifts will need to be sent by December 1st.

If you're going to be away from ca. 16-31. October and unable to sign up, let me know!

thefringthing

Reaction score
@HansderHund: Odd Burberry's trench. Gun flap but no cuff buckles. Is the belt with it?

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I paid up for these and they were an e-thrift, but I've been after something similar. Great color and fit well. Crockett & Jones Coniston:

View attachment 1466392
Sorry, forgot to say thanks for the help! I still haven't tested them, so I have no idea whether they're good to go or not!

I have two pairs of Conistons, one for BB, the other for BB Black Fleece. Both are my most worn boots in the fall/winter. I absolutely love them. And Chrysalis, Hans! One of my absolute favorite brands.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
These Tricker's are so nice!

They are! That’s definitely an older stamp and believe they came from the Tricker’s store in Vienna. I once asked them when it closed, and they werent

@HansderHund: Odd Burberry's trench. Gun flap but no cuff buckles. Is the belt with it?

Good eye! Yes, the belt is with it, but the previous owner removed the buckles on the cuffs and didn’t do the cleanest job unfortunately. It’s women’s but an odd color I haven’t seen. All cotton with a 95/5 wool/camel li

I have two pairs of Conistons, one for BB, the other for BB Black Fleece. Both are my most worn boots in the fall/winter. I absolutely love them. And Chrysalis, Hans! One of my absolute favorite brands.

They’re great boots and I didn’t know they made them for BBBF. They’re in pretty good condition and the seller added a new pair of shearling insoles.

Those Chrysalis are really nice, I’m sure you get a ton of use from yours! It’s the second I’ve found this year, neither were my size. This is 80/20 wool/alpaca in navy, but I prefer the tweed version from earlier this year.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are! That’s definitely an older stamp and believe they came from the Tricker’s store in Vienna. I once asked them when it closed, and they werent

Good eye! Yes, the belt is with it, but the previous owner removed the buckles on the cuffs and didn’t do the cleanest job unfortunately. It’s women’s but an odd color I haven’t seen. All cotton with a 95/5 wool/camel li

They’re great boots and I didn’t know they made them for BBBF. They’re in pretty good condition and the seller added a new pair of shearling insoles.

Those Chrysalis are really nice, I’m sure you get a ton of use from yours! It’s the second I’ve found this year, neither were my size. This is 80/20 wool/alpaca in navy, but I prefer the tweed version from earlier this year.

A bit off-topic, but I thought more seasoned posters might have a solution:

I've been searching high and low for a replacement belt to my old Aquascutum coat - it's 100% blue wool, and the belt got lost somehow.

Any ideas on sources for this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads