• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eyyy pop on Kapital for a couple dollarydoos.

1596930329878~2.jpg 1596930311102.jpg

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good evening gents, need an assist on these Zelli’s I found today please. Question is whether these are real croc, not sure if Zelli ever made embossed leather shoes. Most exotic skin Zelli‘s have a little metal tag on the bottom near the heel indicating croc, lizard, ostrich, etc, in addition to the leather “vero cuoio” stamp on the sole. Looks like the bottom of mine have a couple pin holes where the tag was likely attached so I’m leaning toward the real thing. Any thoughts? Thx!

View attachment 1438119 View attachment 1438120 View attachment 1438122
To add to the thier genuine assessment here is a pair I kopped at the GW at NE plaza last year
1596978043169.png

F-4C

Reaction score
Returned to my uni city to finish my postgrad course, and thankfully the charity shops have mostly re-opened. Got a few cheaper things for fodder, but these two stood out. Pop on NEEDLES and Common Projects.

NEEDLES Nepenthes Polo Sweater Shirt Splashed Pattern EJ235 Olive / Brown (size M) - £25.00
IMG_5066 copy.JPG

IMG_5068 copy.JPG

Common Projects Original Achilles Low Brown Leather Sneakers size 45 EU / 11 UK - £10.99. Slightly beat, but already sold for £64.
IMG_5026 copy.JPG

Stay safe and happy thrifting!

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Needles is so good quality. every garment has been dope. what's your take on that?

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Recent finds...

Nothing available at the moment.

fullsizeoutput_17dd7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_17dd8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_17dd9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_17dcc.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_17dcd.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_17dce.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_17dcf.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_17dd0.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_17dd1.jpeg

Yes, that's a Disney tie on the far right. It's from the Tie Rack and is actually pretty nice with embroidery rather than a print. I got it for 30 cents, so I thought my kids might like me to wear it a couple of times.

fullsizeoutput_17dd2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_17dda.jpeg

Top to bottom: Anonymous prescription frames with a nice shape and clip on sunglasses, Lindberg, Lindberg, Daniel Swarovski.

fullsizeoutput_17ddb.jpeg

Top to bottom: Vintage Façonnable (heavily oxidized), vintage Armani, vintage Modiflex. No idea on the last pair, but they're
very nice.

fullsizeoutput_17ddc.jpeg

I knew these must be older and rare, but didn't know how rare they'd be. These are from 1972 and are pretty cool.

fullsizeoutput_17ddd.jpeg

Screenshot 2020-08-09 at 16.10.17.png

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
Definitely legit skin, the holes where the tags were on the soles is a dead giveaway like you said ?
I've found maybe five pairs of Zellis over the years and they were always quality made shoes ,two lizards,two pairs of crocs and one pair of ostrich .
Those are definitely real croc.
To add to the thier genuine assessment here is a pair I kopped at the GW at NE plaza last year
View attachment 1438257

Thanks gents, appreciate the assist!

F-4C

Reaction score
Recent finds...

Nothing available at the moment.

View attachment 1438288

View attachment 1438289

View attachment 1438290

View attachment 1438291

View attachment 1438292

View attachment 1438293

View attachment 1438294

View attachment 1438295

View attachment 1438296

Yes, that's a Disney tie on the far right. It's from the Tie Rack and is actually pretty nice with embroidery rather than a print. I got it for 30 cents, so I thought my kids might like me to wear it a couple of times.

View attachment 1438297

View attachment 1438298

Top to bottom: Anonymous prescription frames with a nice shape and clip on sunglasses, Lindberg, Lindberg, Daniel Swarovski.

View attachment 1438299

Top to bottom: Vintage Façonnable (heavily oxidized), vintage Armani, vintage Modiflex. No idea on the last pair, but they're
very nice.

View attachment 1438300

I knew these must be older and rare, but didn't know how rare they'd be. These are from 1972 and are pretty cool.

View attachment 1438301

View attachment 1438305
Stunning Draper's sheepskin coat! They're made 5 minutes from my home town (village outside Glastonbury), so often see them in local charity shops.

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift fit?

Not really, more like post shoulder surgery fit. Thank the Lord for the cold therapy machine!

Can't wait until this shoulder is good enough to get back to bin flinging duties. Yeah, yeah, Coronavirus... I'll just wear a hazmat suit.

And the Cat can't wait until I can get back to ball throwing duties.

Oh, as far as shortages of masks... Try ACE hardware. Our local one has KN95 for $4 each. They are the easiest to breath through. Buy 4 of them. And rotate. DO NOT try and wash them.

FB_IMG_1596825076834.jpg

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift fit?

Not really, more like post shoulder surgery fit. Thank the Lord for the cold therapy machine!

Can't wait until this shoulder is good enough to get back to bin flinging duties. Yeah, yeah, Coronavirus... I'll just wear a hazmat suit.

And the Cat can't wait until I can get back to ball throwing duties.

Oh, as far as shortages of masks... Try ACE hardware. Our local one has KN95 for $4 each. They are the easiest to breath through. Buy 4 of them. And rotate. DO NOT try and wash them.

View attachment 1438314

you look like a cross between a young Buddy Hackett and Jimmy Kimmel here,

F-4C

Reaction score
Needles is so good quality. every garment has been dope. what's your take on that?
The quality feels unreal. From a distance the polo doesn't look special, but close up you can really see the intricate details. At touch you can tell it's well made. It's the first item from Needles that I've handled, so I can't claim to be an expert, but I think a local store (Peggs & Sons) carries the brand so I might stop in and see what else they have to offer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads