• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bensm1th

Reaction score
New with tags facannable double faced sheep skin coat at GW
4D7E03C7-6738-4126-A488-F6592EE2F7FF.jpeg
1E07E96F-ECCE-4A0E-9857-5055DB39B7FB.jpeg
02C8A6E1-A556-4EFE-968A-B87488E68B09.jpeg
09697419-ABDD-4ABB-A570-EFA225AB19A8.jpeg

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
21 year ago i was Arrested at this exact spot for 1 count grand theft auto, 2 counts burglary, 1 count attempted grand theft auto, 1 count constructive possession of burglary tools, 4 counts criminal mischief, 1 count DUI, - 1 count posession or narcotics. This is not meant as a brag. I received 4 years of probation because according to the judge “I had good parents.” Anyone who wants to say white privelage isn’t real is fuckin delusional. Sorry to jam up a thrift thread with this **** but goddamn man some ***** gotta change. Even i knew back then at 14 i was Getting special treatment. Well anyway at least this is a 100% Thrifted fit. Anyway rant over carry on. Love you guys and goodnight!

4AAC86E0-4777-4FF7-94AE-377A988AF621.jpeg
623BFEBE-5A7B-41AA-AB60-1894797C52D8.jpeg

Last edited:

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
21 year ago i was Arrested at this exact spot for 1 count grand theft auto, 2 counts burglary, 1 count attempted grand theft auto, 1 count constructive possession of burglary tools, 4 counts criminal mischief, 1 flint DUI, - flit posession or narcotics. This is not meant as a brag. I received 4 years of probation because according to the judge “I had good parents.” Anyone who wants to say white privelage isn’t real is fuckin delusional. Sorry to jam up a thrift thread with this **** but goddamn man some ***** gotta change. Even i knew back then at 14 i was Getting special treatment. Well anyway at least this is a 100% Thrifted fit. Anyway rant over carry on. Love you guys and goodnight!

View attachment 1420175 View attachment 1420176

**** I don’t even care if this sends the thread into a long derailment. this is a hill I’ll die on.

a kid I grew up with around here permanently paralyzed someone while driving drunk & received a similar sentence. fuckin unreal.

[edited to correct misremembered details]

Last edited:

Pyrrhomaniac

Reaction score
I'm an attorney who spends a lot of time in court, I say that to merely say that I believe I have a worthwhile vantage point on this topic, specifically. While I'm sure the area and the judges are all different everywhere you go. But I practice before almost exclusively black judges, and the white judges are exceptional as well, and I do not at all feel there is a systematic bias in either direction. I simply do not see it in action.

I admittedly feel lucky to have the judges and staff across most levels of civil, criminal and probate court who genuinely care about the outcome, who engage and speak candidly about why they make the decisions they make. There's no effort to "hide the ball," but I have experienced that out in very rural areas. Past that, I can say very confidently that most lawyers and judges try their best to do their best, and that there is no system, it's just people. Some are bad actors deliberately, some are bad actors unintentionally, I believe most strive to be good actors and do so successfully, but there is no unified system. I've had judges throw a code book away that I brought showing them black letter law because the judge wanted to keep jurisdiction of children and simply didn't care, she told me to mandamus her if I wanted to try that path. I've had judges over-reach to do the right thing, and the wrong thing, but not for racial bias. I have spent a lot of time meditating with some chemical aide, you will be fooling yourself to think there is enough order anywhere to be described as a "system."

I don't mean to be confrontational, just to say that any attempts to erect systems and to create order (of which there are fleetingly few efforts) will always be lagging behind chaos. It's only briefly that a palace will raise above the rot. My path is to do what I can to serve people in this ocean of chaos while I can. I inherited a Star of David that survived Dachau. The chances that I even got to exist were so slim and left to the wings of a butterfly, and in my infinitesimal luck I feel obligated to enjoy this life and encourage others to as well. If you think this world sucks for some reason, go fix it. I promise, you will find shockingly few obstacles if you genuinely set out to make real change.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm an attorney who spends a lot of time in court, I say that to merely say that I believe I have a worthwhile vantage point on this topic, specifically. While I'm sure the area and the judges are all different everywhere you go. But I practice before almost exclusively black judges, and the white judges are exceptional as well, and I do not at all feel there is a systematic bias in either direction. I simply do not see it in action.

I admittedly feel lucky to have the judges and staff across most levels of civil, criminal and probate court who genuinely care about the outcome, who engage and speak candidly about why they make the decisions they make. There's no effort to "hide the ball," but I have experienced that out in very rural areas. Past that, I can say very confidently that most lawyers and judges try their best to do their best, and that there is no system, it's just people. Some are bad actors deliberately, some are bad actors unintentionally, I believe most strive to be good actors and do so successfully, but there is no unified system. I've had judges throw a code book away that I brought showing them black letter law because the judge wanted to keep jurisdiction of children and simply didn't care, she told me to mandamus her if I wanted to try that path. I've had judges over-reach to do the right thing, and the wrong thing, but not for racial bias. I have spent a lot of time meditating with some chemical aide, you will be fooling yourself to think there is enough order anywhere to be described as a "system."

I don't mean to be confrontational, just to say that any attempts to erect systems and to create order (of which there are fleetingly few efforts) will always be lagging behind chaos. It's only briefly that a palace will raise above the rot. My path is to do what I can to serve people in this ocean of chaos while I can. I inherited a Star of David that survived Dachau. The chances that I even got to exist were so slim and left to the wings of a butterfly, and in my infinitesimal luck I feel obligated to enjoy this life and encourage others to as well. If you think this world sucks for some reason, go fix it. I promise, you will find shockingly few obstacles if you genuinely set out to make real change.

please go ahead and expand on that last point about how easy it is to change the world, chief.

Pyrrhomaniac

Reaction score
please go ahead and expand on that last point about how easy it is to change the world, chief.
It's weird to try and come up with an action plan without knowing the desired outcome. What in your mind needs to change? And are you prepared to accept that some degree of your perceived problem could be more internal to you than external to the world? Your actions matter, probably more than you believe them to. Accepting your agency is a big step in effecting any change, it helps us overcome inertia.

Pyrrhomaniac

Reaction score
It's great to read a well-written three paragraph post about humanity & chaos & racism & Dachau to end with the sig, Looking for John Lobb US size 11.5 D
Gotta have small goals to keep momentum to get you through the long-term goals. The bit about Dachau and the path that allowed me to exist makes me feel a deep responsibility to make the most of this life. I try to avoid vicarious pride or blame in all forms, so instead I just focus on trying to leave positive marks in this world.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's weird to try and come up with an action plan without knowing the desired outcome. What in your mind needs to change? And are you prepared to accept that some degree of your perceived problem could be more internal to you than external to the world? Your actions matter, probably more than you believe them to. Accepting your agency is a big step in effecting any change, it helps us overcome inertia.

were you mayo pete’s speech writer? what a deluge of platitudes.

“it is difficult to retrieve an errant frisbee without first knowing your neighbor” - you, probably.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
21 year ago i was Arrested at this exact spot for 1 count grand theft auto, 2 counts burglary, 1 count attempted grand theft auto, 1 count constructive possession of burglary tools, 4 counts criminal mischief, 1 count DUI, - 1 count posession or narcotics. This is not meant as a brag. I received 4 years of probation because according to the judge “I had good parents.” Anyone who wants to say white privelage isn’t real is fuckin delusional. Sorry to jam up a thrift thread with this **** but goddamn man some ***** gotta change. Even i knew back then at 14 i was Getting special treatment. Well anyway at least this is a 100% Thrifted fit. Anyway rant over carry on. Love you guys and goodnight!

View attachment 1420175 View attachment 1420176
Lol...
When I was 19 I was a volunteer firefighter.
I got pulled over leaving the station house for speeding, and my license was expired and I had no insurance.
"What's the hurry?"
"Just tired from saving lives all day, want to get home"
"Get this stuff taken care of, have a nice day"

Pyrrhomaniac

Reaction score
I don't know who mayo pete is, but asking you a pointed question is not a platitude, not by any definition. Perceived helplessness is a well documented phenomena. And right now we are living in a world that has more access to resources and the ability for self-determination, mostly in developed countries, than at any time prior in human history. It's not perfect, but the idea that everything is ****** is at least historically wrong. Tell me the problem you want to see fixed, I am genuinely curious and eager to offer whatever I can.

You said this was a hill you would die on. What hill is that? White privilege?

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I don't know who mayo pete is, but asking you a pointed question is not a platitude, not by any definition. Perceived helplessness is a well documented phenomena. And right now we are living in a world that has more access to resources and the ability for self-determination, mostly in developed countries, than at any time prior in human history. It's not perfect, but the idea that everything is ****** is at least historically wrong. Tell me the problem you want to see fixed, I am genuinely curious and eager to offer whatever I can.

You said this was a hill you would die on. What hill is that? White privilege?

Ight a bunch of misunderstanding here.

systemic racism is not the organized system of racism you’re trying to make it out to be. the system is established, run and executed by people, who have biases, whether or not you perceive or realize that. from your past posts I already doubt your ability to understand the world from the perspective of anything but a privileged white male. ask yourself the same question you asked me.

I’m not helpless and I don’t feel the world can’t change, but to be so casual about how easy you think it changing the system is pretty ignorant. there are old parts of the system still in place people are fighting to change every day and to so flippantly dismiss their struggle alone shows privilege.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads