• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Pronto Merona by chance do you have Honeywell thermostat or something similar? twice in 5 years my AC as gone wonky and both times i just put in new batteries....and voila
1593909262113.png

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s bonkers but there are a couple thrifts that have closed here in the last few years that I seriously dream about.

There was a Savers in Mpls that was a few blocks from my house that I used to stop almost every day. Only place I’ve ever found Tom Ford and Kiton. I still dream that I drive by and it’s randomly open again and I get super stoked. Then I wake up and realize that’s kind of a sad dream.

Yesterday I drove by where Bloomington Savers used to be. It's all been leveled and now looks like fancy condos/apartments. Such a bummer. Found so much great stuff at that store.

As far as thrifting goes, I can't figure out what's going on. I think 90% of clothing is either being bailed and sent off, sent directly to the bins or being put into storage somewhere. Stores here have had the same old stale merch for weeks now. I donated a few easily identifiable items a few weeks ago as a test to gauge processing time. None of it has hit the floor yet (and none of it was anything that someone would snatch up either).

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thread friends there is nothing like the air conditioning going out, on the 4th of July, when it's sunny and 94 degrees F / 34.4 degrees C to remind me how much I rely on air conditioning to be comfortable! As I find this community to be the single most resourceful group of people I know, any thoughts / tips on a potential self fix? I've already checked to see if it's frozen up (not that i can tell) and cleared the drain line. Full disclosure it went out a month or so a go and it was an easy fix for an A/C service (only like 100 bucks) and it's a relatively new condenser outside that just isn't coming on. Also further full disclosure i've had 2-3 frozen margaritas so not in the best place to do any electrical work
You checked the drain isn't clogged, make sure the float valve reset, could have gotten stuck. For the condenser, I fixed mine a couple times before it went out completely. Each time it was the relay, I opened it up and cleaned the contacts with emery cloth. Open the breaker before opening the condenser.

woodchuck312

Reaction score
Still not working but thank you nonetheless!

Mine stopped working once, i was able to figure out on my own it was a blown capacitor, easy fix and cheap part $50 literally takes 5 minutes to take old one out and replace, only problem was in MD at least you needed to be licensed HVAC to buy the damn part so I had to hire HVAC company to do. Charged me $400, he spent longer writing up the bill than doing any actual work.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To be fair I think I have only been to the GW in Westminster a few times. I don't think i've ever found anything that was even remotely worth the trip. Pro tip though Baugher's Farm outside Westminster in the Fall is great for apple picking and cider.
Good tip. We live a few miles east of Musselmans country (Biglerville) so there is no shortage of apples nearby. They just cancelled the annual apple harvest festival, which is a huge bummer in these parts.

woodchuck312

Reaction score
Good tip. We live a few miles east of Musselmans country (Biglerville) so there is no shortage of apples nearby. They just cancelled the annual apple harvest festival, which is a huge bummer in these parts.

Hmm will have to check that area out sometime. We are heading over to Gettysburg on Monday to do some hiking. We had to cancel our big summer trip out west to Yellowstone/Glacier NP so we are doing activities closer to home this summer and trying to keep the kids from becoming too restless.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmm will have to check that area out sometime. We are heading over to Gettysburg on Monday to do some hiking. We had to cancel our big summer trip out west to Yellowstone/Glacier NP so we are doing activities closer to home this summer and trying to keep the kids from becoming too restless.
We are about 6 miles east of Gburg.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Thread friends there is nothing like the air conditioning going out, on the 4th of July, when it's sunny and 94 degrees F / 34.4 degrees C to remind me how much I rely on air conditioning to be comfortable! As I find this community to be the single most resourceful group of people I know, any thoughts / tips on a potential self fix? I've already checked to see if it's frozen up (not that i can tell) and cleared the drain line. Full disclosure it went out a month or so a go and it was an easy fix for an A/C service (only like 100 bucks) and it's a relatively new condenser outside that just isn't coming on. Also further full disclosure i've had 2-3 frozen margaritas so not in the best place to do any electrical work
Pm me.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
@Pronto Merona by chance do you have Honeywell thermostat or something similar? twice in 5 years my AC as gone wonky and both times i just put in new batteries....and voila
View attachment 1418473

we got a box on the wall like this that controls our toilet. The batteries died, and the seat stopped heating.
Hearing the wife walk past me, go in, then yelp off the cold seat gave me quite the chuckle. :lol:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Recent finds...

Nothing available at the moment.

I find Alden once every couple of years I feel. My turn came up, unfortunately they're for women.

fullsizeoutput_17014.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_16fea.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_17016.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_17017.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_17018.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1701a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_16ff5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_16ff6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_16ff7.jpeg

Rimowa Salsa:

fullsizeoutput_16ff8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_16ff9.jpeg

I always think these vintage Chanel-inspired pieces are neat. Price was right.

fullsizeoutput_1701b.jpeg

This bag was a free gift because I buy a decent amount. It feels real compared to the other vintage pieces I've had, but that front tag is wonky and there's no brass hang tag. I'll probably keep it, but anyone have a definitive answer on it?

fullsizeoutput_1701c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1701d.jpeg

DSC_0374.JPG

fullsizeoutput_1701e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1701f.jpeg

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Recent finds, continued...

Nothing available at the moment.

fullsizeoutput_17021.jpeg

Everyone needs one of these, right?

fullsizeoutput_17023.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_17024.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_17025.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_17026.jpeg

Top to bottom: No idea, just stamped 007, American Optics, B&L Ray Ban:

fullsizeoutput_17027.jpeg

Found in one of those mixed jewellery boxes. It's stamped, but I'll need to get it checked out.

fullsizeoutput_17008.jpeg

Thought this was neat for €8:

fullsizeoutput_17010.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_17011.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1700f.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads