• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

woodchuck312

Reaction score
Carroll county and good measure should not even be in the same sentence...may as well said Cecil.

To be fair I think I have only been to the GW in Westminster a few times. I don't think i've ever found anything that was even remotely worth the trip. Pro tip though Baugher's Farm outside Westminster in the Fall is great for apple picking and cider.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
#onestop. Had to go down to Phx to pick up some furniture won at auction, and it turned out the pickup spot was just a mile or so from a little hole-in-the-wall thrift I rarely get to, as it is too far out of the way to be part of a regular circuit. No over-the-top grails, but a bunch of flippable inventory with a super-low PPU of around three bucks. So here is the #onestop in its entirety:

S5A house brand with Zegna cloth and a couple BB Madisons.
7-4 - 14.jpeg

Tori Richard for HD
7-4 - 2.jpeg

Couple PRL blousons and a cool Orvis super-thick coat
7-4 - 12.jpeg

Pants. Cornys are linen.
7-4 - 13.jpeg

Shirts. Dang, that BB OCBD is about the preppiest shirt I've ever seen . . .
7-4 - 10.jpeg
7-4 - 11.jpeg

Lots of ties at a buck each.
7-4 - 6.jpeg
7-4 - 7.jpeg

Had no idea Psycho Bunny even made ties . . . pink Behar is linen. And that Chinese Peter Millar 7-fold is shockingly nice.
7-4 - 8.jpeg
7-4 - 9.jpeg

Couple Magnanni belts for two bucks each.
7-4 - 3.jpeg
7-4 - 4.jpeg

And a pair of Cable & Co cap toe bluchers, appearing unworn.
7-4 - 1.jpeg

Attachments

• 7-4 - 5.jpeg
    7-4 - 5.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 5

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Fourth my friends. Stay safe out there. This year that means more than not losing fingers.
Ran into the office to water the plants, hit the store a block away. Been forever since I've seen H. Plum velour pants, mens, and Guideboat madras shorts.
15938880595473606912117756726148.jpg

Thrift fit, courtesy of the link posted here about the glitch in the SuSu matrix on custom orders. They didnt honor the order, but gave a $50 credit for canancelling it, so I bought these linen drawstring shorts. Susu popover, CH stitchlite shoes, both thrift.
20200704_134614.jpg 20200704_134716.jpg

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they didn't honor mine but got a 550SEK ≈ 60 dollares gift card. Seems that some got their order through though.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they didn't honor mine but got a 550SEK ≈ 60 dollares gift card. Seems that some got their order through though.
Huh, I stopped following the thread after my saga was closed, assumed everyone got heir orders canceled. Still for the best though, didn't actually need a suit, and these are my new favorite shorts.

Pronto Merona

Reaction score
Thread friends there is nothing like the air conditioning going out, on the 4th of July, when it's sunny and 94 degrees F / 34.4 degrees C to remind me how much I rely on air conditioning to be comfortable! As I find this community to be the single most resourceful group of people I know, any thoughts / tips on a potential self fix? I've already checked to see if it's frozen up (not that i can tell) and cleared the drain line. Full disclosure it went out a month or so a go and it was an easy fix for an A/C service (only like 100 bucks) and it's a relatively new condenser outside that just isn't coming on. Also further full disclosure i've had 2-3 frozen margaritas so not in the best place to do any electrical work

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thread friends there is nothing like the air conditioning going out, on the 4th of July, when it's sunny and 94 degrees F / 34.4 degrees C to remind me how much I rely on air conditioning to be comfortable! As I find this community to be the single most resourceful group of people I know, any thoughts / tips on a potential self fix? I've already checked to see if it's frozen up (not that i can tell) and cleared the drain line. Full disclosure it went out a month or so a go and it was an easy fix for an A/C service (only like 100 bucks) and it's a relatively new condenser outside that just isn't coming on. Also further full disclosure i've had 2-3 frozen margaritas so not in the beat place to do any electrical wo

I'm guessing you live in a house ,I live in a condo but had the same problem just neutral air coming out (if I understood correctly ?)
So my gf actually scheduled a service guy to come out but the previous day I tried a hail Mary pass.
I put the AC on cool then turned it off ,and put it on heat for a minute. Turned off again and put in cool and gradually it started cooling again no problem.while it was on heat there was a strong smell so I'm guessing some clogging blew out.
saved about $400 .
Worked for me ,just saying.

Pronto Merona

Reaction score
I'm guessing you live in a house ,I live in a condo but had the same problem just neutral air coming out (if I understood correctly ?)
So my gf actually scheduled a service guy to come out but the previous day I tried a hail Mary pass.
I put the AC on cool then turned it off ,and put it on heat for a minute. Turned off again and put in cool and gradually it started cooling again no problem.while it was on heat there was a strong smell so I'm guessing some clogging blew out.
saved about $400 .
Worked for me ,just saying.

Will report back!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads