• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Former sneakerhead here...the other tell on this pair is the carbon fiber shank on the arch. That's cheap plastic with a design that doesn't even look like what the CF would actually look like. Image for reference here...they don't even touch in this one.
Oh wow yea that’s quite a difference

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^TWSS

And another little art pickup for me. (Anyone have an art site subscription for sale prices?)

Clothing still isn’t getting put out much. Another store is opening up tomorrow though, so here’s to hoping there’s some grails hiding.
943B07A1-961D-4735-A3AC-FBA2023799D2.jpeg

Zigo

Reaction score
Back at the thrifts part 1.

All available unless mentioned otherwise

Polo jeans
IMG_4972.JPG
IMG_4977.JPG

Loro Piana Shirt - available on auction
IMG_4778.JPG
IMG_4786.JPG

Vintage Etro Milano Corduroy shirt - available on auction
IMG_4716.JPG
IMG_4723.JPG

Older Isaia, Silk Linen blend

IMG_4673.JPG
IMG_4681.JPG
IMG_4682.JPG

Older D&G Denim / Corduroy Shirt - not available

IMG_4611.JPG
IMG_4616.JPG
IMG_4619.JPG

Berghaus paclite gore tex jacket - sold
IMG_4581.JPG
IMG_4589.JPG

POC surf shorts NWT 2x
IMG_4530.JPG

Patagonia shorts - sold
IMG_4523.JPG
IMG_4527.JPG

Pyrrhomaniac

Reaction score
Finds like what you get @330CK and @impuntura makes me want to upgrade the thrift mobile to a wagon.

shoutout to @Bon Vivant Life who schooled me on Barkeepers Friend!

View attachment 1400556 View attachment 1400557 View attachment 1400558 View attachment 1400559 View attachment 1400560 View attachment 1400561
3M sells laminated sheets of ultra fine diamond paper, I have sheets that go up to 50k grit. My sharpening stones go up to 16k, and then it's laminated paper from there on to get a mirror polish beck. If it's for personal use, you could use those sheets to buff out the scratches. The sheets are cheap, too, like 13-ish dollars for 5 sheets. You could also use a polishing compound. I stumbled across all o fit looking for new ways to sharpen kitchen knives better.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Hey guys, this may not be the appropriate place to put this, but I figure this can hopefully get a few eyes on it. I grew up in the same neighborhood in South Minneapolis that you've probably all seen on the news by now, most of the streets/corners that I spent my childhood in are destroyed or affected by the protesting/rioting following the murder of George Floyd. This Saturday, I'll be running 46 miles in his honor (he was 46 when he was killed), and raising money for The Sheridan Story, which is an organization up here that helps feed low-income children, many of whose neighborhoods and food supplies have been seriously affected by all of the damage. I've been mostly taking donations through Venmo (@natekosberg) but PayPal would definitely work too, just PM me for my email. I'll be sure to post the donation receipts once all the money has been collected. These kids need more help than ever now, and any amount at all will help make their family's lives a bit easier. Thanks thriftbros!

That's an amazing thing you are doing.
I'm going to sell some items at my local resale store. then whatever i get?
you can paypal request from me. You sir, are my kind of people.

@LA Guy can we get more eyes on this?

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah @sansimeon This the 4th one I’ve found at true thrift. They’re unassuming looking so most people that don’t already have an eye out for one will walk right past it. There were hundreds of people in front of me and I still snagged it two hours after opening.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Just want to give a huge thank you to everyone who's donated so far, and not just to me; whether it's donating your time, money, or attention to local/national causes, it's working. We're seeing change. So thank you to everyone who's doing their part! My Venmo/Paypal are still open (just DM me for my names on there), as of now we've raised almost $6,000 going towards feeding underprivileged children in Minneapolis. I'll be running the race tomorrow, but donating Sunday, so anything before then is welcomed if you're in a position to. Much love guys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads