• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Hey guys, this may not be the appropriate place to put this, but I figure this can hopefully get a few eyes on it. I grew up in the same neighborhood in South Minneapolis that you've probably all seen on the news by now, most of the streets/corners that I spent my childhood in are destroyed or affected by the protesting/rioting following the murder of George Floyd. This Saturday, I'll be running 46 miles in his honor (he was 46 when he was killed), and raising money for The Sheridan Story, which is an organization up here that helps feed low-income children, many of whose neighborhoods and food supplies have been seriously affected by all of the damage. I've been mostly taking donations through Venmo (@natekosberg) but PayPal would definitely work too, just PM me for my email. I'll be sure to post the donation receipts once all the money has been collected. These kids need more help than ever now, and any amount at all will help make their family's lives a bit easier. Thanks thriftbros!

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this may not be the appropriate place to put this, but I figure this can hopefully get a few eyes on it. I grew up in the same neighborhood in South Minneapolis that you've probably all seen on the news by now, most of the streets/corners that I spent my childhood in are destroyed or affected by the protesting/rioting following the murder of George Floyd. This Saturday, I'll be running 46 miles in his honor (he was 46 when he was killed), and raising money for The Sheridan Story, which is an organization up here that helps feed low-income children, many of whose neighborhoods and food supplies have been seriously affected by all of the damage. I've been mostly taking donations through Venmo (@natekosberg) but PayPal would definitely work too, just PM me for my email. I'll be sure to post the donation receipts once all the money has been collected. These kids need more help than ever now, and any amount at all will help make their family's lives a bit easier. Thanks thriftbros!
Thanks for doing it! Don't have much at this point after trying to help out with the rebuild funds for Lake, North and Midway but my wife and I will match the thriftbros up to $200 if you guys post your receipts to @madeinbogota.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Thanks for doing it! Don't have much at this point after trying to help out with the rebuild funds for Lake, North and Midway but my wife and I will match the thriftbros up to $200 if you guys post your receipts to @madeinbogota.

You guys are AMAZING. Thank you so much. I'll post them on Sunday after everything has rolled in. That's gonna make a big difference for a lot of families ?

div25sec9

Reaction score
That could be the model number ,make sure it's the right one ur looking at.its the longer one

Number "A" is different between the two pairs
Is number "B" the serial? It's the same on all 4 shoes.

Attachments

• 20200604_085411.jpg
    20200604_085411.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 21

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Hey guys, this may not be the appropriate place to put this, but I figure this can hopefully get a few eyes on it. I grew up in the same neighborhood in South Minneapolis that you've probably all seen on the news by now, most of the streets/corners that I spent my childhood in are destroyed or affected by the protesting/rioting following the murder of George Floyd. This Saturday, I'll be running 46 miles in his honor (he was 46 when he was killed), and raising money for The Sheridan Story, which is an organization up here that helps

feed low-Hit me up, it will be all i can afford.

edit: I'll try again.

Last edited:

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been a long time since I've checked the thread with work and everything, but glad to see The Great Work continues. Stores have reopened here, few favorites.

Only thrifted pair of Dockers I've picked up, but these seemed special. Saw a few older articles, desirable?
20200604_103535.jpg

20200604_103506.jpg

NWT Charlie 1 Horse "The King" in my size 7 3/4
20200604_102741.jpg

SuSu Hudson in Wool/Silk/Linen
20200604_102819.jpg

Alden 984's
20200604_102313.jpg

And given J Crews recent restructuring, a classic, heavy twill shirt with great age/wear, MiUSA
20200604_110503.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well and safe.

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@div25sec9
The numbers you marked as A should be the serial numbers. If they’re the same for both matching shoes in a pair (or as the other pair) then unfortunately probably a sign of being fakes. That said, unless you’re planning on letting someone go over your shoes with a fine tooth comb most people won’t even know, and those sneaker heads that would will be few and far between.

if they’re comfy, just rock them. I’ve got plenty of legit yeezy straight from yeezy supply and adidas and the quality isn’t that great to begin with, but they sure are comfortable.

A few years back I found a legit pair of pirate blacks that had been worn. Some of the comfiest shoes, still have them but I’ve worn them so much their soles are wearing through. I wish they’d release v1s again as I can’t stomach/afford the ridiculous resale price on them.

div25sec9

Reaction score
@div25sec9
The numbers you marked as A should be the serial numbers. If they’re the same for both matching shoes in a pair (or as the other pair) then unfortunately probably a sign of being fakes. That said, unless you’re planning on letting someone go over your shoes with a fine tooth comb most people won’t even know, and those sneaker heads that would will be few and far between.

if they’re comfy, just rock them. I’ve got plenty of legit yeezy straight from yeezy supply and adidas and the quality isn’t that great to begin with, but they sure are comfortable.

A few years back I found a legit pair of pirate blacks that had been worn. Some of the comfiest shoes, still have them but I’ve worn them so much their soles are wearing through. I wish they’d release v1s again as I can’t stomach/afford the ridiculous resale price on them.

Number A is different between the pairs.

I might just keep them; it's just how much they go for influencing my decision. If they're real, a few hundred in my pocket would feel better then they would on my feet :)

speckledstuff

Reaction score
Been a while since I posted. Recently before the pandemic moved from Cincinnati to the suburbs of Chicago. Planning on getting a place near the city in the near future.

Only thrift for my size and things I like so don’t pick up too much but here is the las jacket I picked up in Cincinnati (Caruso) and the first jacket picked up in Chicago suburbs (LBM 1911).

303534DB-85C5-4DF1-8C00-2D23F7DC8339.jpeg
0F4188AA-D070-445F-9A23-467DDF3DE304.jpeg
E226363C-7AD6-4E8B-AE13-B0CD71F4F4C2.jpeg
EF6A3935-1C1A-4B14-A947-6B0BEC6EF0C8.jpeg
90C732B5-35F4-43B9-B389-031FAA077EA4.jpeg
0C1EB249-F2D8-49A1-A735-5F1F005C3FC7.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads