• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's like buying a Ferrari and using it to drive to the mailbox.

Living the @SpooPoker life in a cooking format. I see nothing wrong with this analogy.

I've made awesome dishes with it too! The sear function is dope.

Also @dad2bandm hopefully you like the green hookah! I used to in university a lot, and used to go to cafes with friends after graduating because I love middle eastern food, but COVID is putting a halt on that right now... :(

Last edited by a moderator:

burgerkong

Reaction score
First generation Eames Aluminum Group EA112 with swivel/pedestal (contract) base and Naugahyde. Probably overpaid for this, but haven't seen one come up in black in the country for a while. Good condition, arm has varnish peeling off, will strip, repolish and powdercoat clear. Same with the base, repolish and powdercoat clear.

IMG_20200531_210433.jpg

IMG_20200531_211120.jpg

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm realising furniture is the $$$ here as mid century chairs go for like $1,000 NZD. Any tips for flipping furniture, restoring wood? I sanding / restaining worth it or just as we say round here; toss on some baby oil and flip.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm realising furniture is the $$$ here as mid century chairs go for like $1,000 NZD. Any tips for flipping furniture, restoring wood? I sanding / restaining worth it or just as we say round here; toss on some baby oil and flip.

Sand and restain once and you will never wanna do it again.fuuuuuuuck that.
Especially if like you say it's in high demand it will move quick.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flipstah....I would only have the stereo on that wall with the speakers spaced out more and away from the wall a bit. You’ll get much better sound.

leisurewear

Reaction score

agree, extra $$ on price usually isn’t worth the time/effort on the refurb unless you’re into that kind of stuff and don’t view it as a pain. As @impuntura once advised me, slap some dollar store baby oil on it (if wood) and list

tonylamer

Reaction score

Stripping and re-staining most stuff isn't worth it. You'll just ruin the piece. I've seen exceptions. Sometimes someone will paint a piece of furniture. If it's a simple enough job to strip and sand it, then go ahead. Small coffee tables are easy to strip and stain. Chairs are not.

Also worth noting something that not everyone might know: teak just needs to be sanded and oiled. If you pick up a teak piece with water marks or resin stains or paint, the most you'll need to do is sand it with a fine grit and then use some Danish oil.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics