• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Hansi! I am actually pretty short, standing at 173 cm in socks! Glad that the angle makes me look a bit taller. The ceiling was lowered and the floor heightened during the renovation. The house is originally a 120 year old barn so the floors where not directly flat before the renovation so to say.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great, wonderful shirt! Question: are you incredibly tall or does that room have a lower ceiling? Or is it just the angle? No matter, I appreciate your clean floors!

-------

I often read about some of you guys being able to "check something off your list." Do you guys have actual lists of stuff you'd like to find? I started keeping one a while ago and, naturally, things are eventually found and crossed off while others are added.

I thought I'd share a sampling of my personal list. The full list is pretty boring, but I was close to checking something off this week and thought I'd post a partial list in case I find some of this stuff. This is a mix of "should have found it by now" and "good luck."

View attachment 1393053

A Birkin AND a Holland Shotgun ?
The actual shotgun?
Hans bro....are you okay lol.
Btw did you know there is a Sopranos prequel movie coming out with Gandolfinis son who looks exactly like him .

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Birkin AND a Holland Shotgun ?
The actual shotgun?
Hans bro....are you okay lol.
Btw did you know there is a Sopranos prequel movie coming out with Gandolfinis son who looks exactly like him .
What really? When is this happening?

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
skynews-james-gandolfini-michael-gandolfini_4554446.jpg

mrFurly

Reaction score
soooooo jealous of you cats w/ open stores.
Cant believe its been 2 months and no shopping.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Holland & Holland shotgun

-------

View attachment 1393053
Lock, Stock & Four Smoking Barrels. I may have posted this before, but back when I was just out of college I worked as a gamekeeper on Lord Cadogan's Glenquaich estate in Scotland. His son, at that time Lord Chelsea (now Cadogan, since that's how they do it), had a matched pair of custom Holland & Holland shotguns. Things of extraordinary beauty and peerless craftsmanship. And at a price to match. I felt privileged to get to handle them (TWSS). He arrived one day regaling a story of how they had been stolen.

"The police called and said there was good news and bad news. The good news was the shotguns had been recovered, but the bad news was they'd been sawn off". The stuff of nightmares. True story.

Pronto Merona

Reaction score
Somewhat piggybacking off of hans' post about wishlists (which I do sorta keep though with less specifics) items on mine right now seem to be weighted toward getting my office / ebay storage / shipping room setup.
I guess the best way to go about that in theory is to keep inventory lean and sell it as you go, but we all know that thrifting/estate sales don't always work out that way. Given that I may be working from home for several more months (if not permanently) I've been thinking more about my office. Do any of y'all have setups and/or furniture in your home office that make it a place you really love to be? bonus points obviously if you thrifted the furniture - (or made it, tex). Looking for some inspiration!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads