• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Enjoying a Virusmas beer from @GM-H and enjoying the thrifted autobiography of one of my favorite football players who is, like the beer, a product of Connecticut.

67DA7465-0707-43F4-B0EA-D4084E4A7645.jpeg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Where did you get your Gucci mask?!
Dammit. I need a Gucci mask now.

My talented (and very pretty) friend Nicole makes them. We use her services to restore leather goods for the boutique. I give her toasted and destroyed monogram luggage and bags, she makes furniture and now masks out of them.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My talented (and very pretty) friend Nicole makes them. We use her services to restore leather goods for the boutique. I give her toasted and destroyed monogram luggage and bags, she makes furniture and now masks out of them.
How can you breathe properly through that? How do you clean it for reuse? What’s the inside lining feel like?

I’m asking so many questions because they’re 175/pc lol

Pyrrhomaniac

Reaction score
How can you breathe properly through that? How do you clean it for reuse? What’s the inside lining feel like?

You can add padding material, the best advised test is whether you can blow out a flame from the mask. But even if it was a thin piece of a fabric, it would be better than nothing for contraction and substantially better for carriers to prevent spreading.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Tell her Matthew from LuxeSwap sent you, she may hook up a deal. I just got it so I havent cleaned it yet but Im assuming you cant really. She uses the twill from the shoe duster bags or handbag sleepers to line it with and theres a cutout for your nose. Theyre in the car but Ill get it and post a pic later. Breathing isnt that horrible through it but when you talk its pretty damn muffled. But chicks dig it.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1391882

Damn Daniel! Back at it again!

Good god I feel alive again
Nice!

Non-essential businesses in our sector are allowed to open this Friday.....I doubt I will be hitting the racks any time soon though. I have the hardest time breathing with a mask on, since the temps have picked up. It gives me a headache fairly quickly between not being able to see a damn thing through fogged glasses and breathing my own carbon dioxide, which also tends to flare my asthma.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Last edited:

Pyrrhomaniac

Reaction score
Tell her Matthew from LuxeSwap sent you, she may hook up a deal. I just got it so I havent cleaned it yet but Im assuming you cant really. She uses the twill from the shoe duster bags or handbag sleepers to line it with and theres a cutout for your nose. Theyre in the car but Ill get it and post a pic later. Breathing isnt that horrible through it but when you talk its pretty damn muffled. But chicks dig it.
This time of wearing masks had made me realize I really need to buy gum to chew after lunch, or maybe just keep a toothbrush at my office.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Nice!

Non-essential businesses in our sector are allowed to open this Friday.....I doubt I will be hitting the racks any time soon though. I have the hardest time breathing with a mask on, since the temps have picked up. It gives me a headache fairly quickly between not being able to see a damn thing through fogged glasses and breathing my own carbon dioxide, which also tends to flare my asthma.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
pinch the metal band, so it fits your nose better. space your glasses further towards the end of your nose.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not. Ordered one for the wife. Seems like a UV cleaning pouch would be your best bet for sanitizing?

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
Sup Thrift Fam? It's been a hot minute since I checked in here! Hope everyone is healthy, better yet thriving!

I am still about 500 pages behind (Nov. 2019)... some serious heat last October.

Haven't been thrifting as much as I was back then, especially since February...started selling comics for someone which lead to sports cards and that's been the main hustle these last 6 months or so.

It's probably already been mentioned here but there is once again good money to be made in cards.The market is hotter than ever. If you see basketball cards at your local grocery store suggest you snag em. $20 MSRP boxes going for $80 its nutty.

I did find some (but not much) cool **** in last 6 months however...

IMG_4536.JPG

IMG_4530.JPG

IMG_4544.JPG IMG_4539.JPG IMG_4548.JPG IMG_4555.JPG
IMG_4788.JPG
IMG_4791.JPG
IMG_4786.JPG

Card Show Pickups @$4/ea. IMG_5270.JPG IMG_5286.JPG IMG_5295.JPG IMG_5301.JPG IMG_5306.JPG IMG_5314.JPG

Got a new puppy, his name is Griffey.

IMG_6170.JPG

And here's a partial thrift/grocery store run fit: Fusaci shades, Brixton hat, Filson Flannel, walmart bandana. Need me a Kapital or Real McCoy's bandana if anyone's got an extra laying around.
IMG_6243.jpg

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That post is full of so much win!
Awesome pup!

are you saying vintage card market is doing well too or mainly just demand for newer cards? I’ve got quite a few tucked away somewhere if the kids haven’t found them...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads