• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just astonished about our so-called leaders who get up and announce all these measures and then do the exact opposite, on-screen. Announce shut-downs of sporting events and then confirm they'll be going to the footy on the weekend. Tell people not to touch their face and then sit there stroking their chin. Counsel people to elbow bump and then shake hands with one another. Advise on social separation (1.5 metres) while crammed cheek-by-jowl along a conference table.
Funny, just saw this before coming here: Okie Gov in "packed" restaurant.
If we all do our part, we can:
1584332637007.png

Odradek

Reaction score
Spotted this very odd jacket in a shop yesterday.

It's Gieves, not Gieves & Hawkes, so from their Gieves diffusion line of a few years ago.

Looks like the jacket from a pinstripe suit but with other, random strips of fabric sewn in.
All very high quality work, but who would wear it ?
I did think of buying to flip, and can go back and see if its still there. Not too far from me.
Anyone think it might have curiosity value ?

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

F-4C

Reaction score
Few recent finds, nothing too wild but I always love finding decent shoe trees and Charvet.

Church's Horsebit Loafers - £5
IMG_3012 copy.JPG

VTG Alan McAfee Wooden Full Double-Pump Shoe trees - £15.00
IMG_3026 copy.JPG

Charvet x2 - Both £4.99
IMG_3062 copy.JPG

IMG_3074 copy.JPG

Current Ermenegildo Zegna Elements Light Trofeo 4-Pocket Hooded Jacket - £10.99
IMG_2998 copy.JPG

Found and posted this a few weeks back - but just got it back from repairs and noticed the red dot on the reserve side of the care tag. Cruciani & Bella is a clothing store, and outsources (Drake’s has made for them). Anyone able to identify this maker? The red dot makes me think Kiton, but I am unsure. Thanks in advance!
IMG_3133 copy.JPG

IMG_3130 copy.JPG

Others finds I'm yet to photograph include:
- 3X Ralph Lauren Purple Label Suit Jackets (Orphans, but I'm checking the store frequently) - £9.99 each
- Thom grey by Thom Browne Pink Button up shirt - £3.50
- Small tie haul (where charvet ties came from), including Mulberry, T&A, Cremieux, Cordings & Masetti

Good luck out there, and stay safe!

Attachments

• IMG_3074 copy.JPG
    IMG_3074 copy.JPG
    596.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2998 copy.JPG
    IMG_2998 copy.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 2

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Guys, I have been dealing with the Cornhola Virus craziness for a little longer. and want to share some tips to make you feel better.

1.Wash yo' face. Every time you wash your hands.
it's something I do as habit, you should too.
If you are out shopping for a long time, or have been around many people? go to the restroom, and Wash yo' face, and hands.

2. Carry your own Pen. at all times. when you are out shopping, signing credit purchases?,at restaurants,paying?. when your mail arrives? -They all hand you a pen. handled by everybody. Also, a nice pen impresses people. so it's winning.

3. Use your knuckles to push elevator buttons. then rub on your back.. far from your face.
(If you get vertigo on escalators, use the stairs)

4. Pay for everything with the one Card. disinfect it often. less contact with money.
sometimes, take your card out of your wallet, and use kitchen cleaning spray on it. more paranoid? more often. but no cash.

5.Masks are more for preventing sharing the Virus, than to protect from getting it. because air still gets in. I wore Bandanna's (Wu-Tang style) Wearing a new one each day, and washing worn ones. to always have a new mask.
but? You could fashion yourself some nice masks from unused pocket squares. - you work it out. If you want my pocket square mask design? ask.

6.Fresh Air. Keep a safe distance. where you are not close enough to breathe expelled air.
busy office? have the windows open. so expelled air is whisked away and replaced with fresh air.

7. Your Car. everywhere you have been. everything, and every surface you have touched?
gets transferred to your Car. so clean it often. get some cleaning wipes. and wipe your car controls. (be careful, some cleaners can damage markings on controls) Steering wheel and handles should be fine. along with the upper/under of your indicators. taking care to avoid the front label. regularly put a window down for a few seconds to get fresh air.

8. Clean your phone, and wallet often. with window, or kitchen cleaner. your keys too.

9. Bow. might seem silly. but Bowing instead of shaking Hands can stem the Virus.

10. Multi vitamins, and anti fatigue supplements. strong in minerals. to keep you fighting fit. and ready to outlast a virus.

These are my Tips. I hope they help you.
Do not be alarmed. This will affect all of us. so take care. and be thoughtful.

Last edited:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
resident bass players what do i have here?
is it s a Cort ,is it a Fender?
its made in Korea (20 fret) cant look up date because i cant find serial numbers and i dont wanna take the neck off.
i thnk the recent ones are 24 fret so is this a older bass or???????????????
HELP!
(all that crap on guard will be removed asap)
20200316_195534.jpg
20200316_195538.jpg
20200316_195541.jpg
20200316_195551.jpg
20200316_195558.jpg
20200316_233003.jpg
20200316_233009.jpg
20200316_233018.jpg
20200316_233023.jpg
20200316_233029.jpg

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully eBay won't slow down due to quarantine but who needs a suit in their house? :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads