• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought this was neat for personal

IMG_20200220_222404.jpg IMG_20200220_222528.jpg

sansimeon

Reaction score
Was there a way to get pee stains out of pants? Bought a zegna su misura 15milmil15 with that side, suits in otherwise great shape

Oxi soak has worked fine every time I've tried it.

mrcmcklwht

Reaction score
Speaking of methods,I picked up this Belstaff for myself.
7.99 and half off if you can believe that .
Thing is not sure if I can pull off white ,wasn't there somebody doing a dye job recently?
I don't wanna ******* up ,just normal cotton no wax so should be easy enough.
What you guys think,blue,green or black.
View attachment 1340955
I've dyed lots of stuff and it usually turns out ok. Most of the time the thread will stay original color because it's poly so I think it would look best if you'd dyed it light grey/olive or something like that.

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably a reputable maker. I picked up a suit from this label a month ago and it was by Caruso.

I've picked up a couple of Caruso made Vassi as well
The key is the "couture" line. The standard line isn't anything special

I'll echo what Frenchy said re them being no help - although I actually talked to the owner but he just gave me some answer about how they use different partners for different things and left it at that. Zero help haha

tgaith77

Reaction score
Speaking of methods,I picked up this Belstaff for myself.
7.99 and half off if you can believe that .
Thing is not sure if I can pull off white ,wasn't there somebody doing a dye job recently?
I don't wanna ******* up ,just normal cotton no wax so should be easy enough.
What you guys think,blue,green or black.
View attachment 1340955

I really think you should leave it as is. That color is great, super versatile.

As was mentioned, the cotton will likely have no problem taking the dye unless there's a hidden discoloration somewhere, (e.g. bleach, detergent, attempts to spot clean a stain). Depending on a bunch of variables like time to soak, the color dye used, temperature of water, etc. you may not get the desired results you want. The stitching will very likely not take the dye, in which case you'll have a jacket with contrast stitching. That generally looks weird.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads