• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not going anywhere ,I'm just not gonna post any finds .
Ohhhhh and there have been finds .
Didn’t you used to have a blog or something?

popman1967

Reaction score
Neat 1960's Don Ho souvenir cocktail glasses...$1.99 each. Collectible in the Tiki scene.

Attachments

• 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200205171018830_COVER~2.jpg
    00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200205171018830_COVER~2.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20200205_171547~2.jpg
    IMG_20200205_171547~2.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 26

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Off topic tip for those of you with lower end inventory not worth selling:

I contacted a local college's theater department about donating a whole bunch of suits I bought before I knew better, and they were very enthusiastic about it. "We can never have enough men's suits!"

Maybe stupid, but I feel better donating clothing to somewhere that will use it vs. a thrift where it would sit on the rack forever. (And the charities that give suits for job interviews can be picky.)

florent

Reaction score
In december I almost lost my vicuna virginity with a pre-ban-100%-cuna Ballantyne sweater €7 e-thrift. Then the seller decided to just cancel the sale. Dammit! ?

Recent e-thrift, this Ballantyne vicuna sweater that was sold at Swiss high end department store Grieder
Yeaaah, so that was this one. At least I'm glad someone here got it ;)

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Savers...cashier looked at the label and said “wow I’m surprised this even made it out. Must have gotten missed.” So yeah I’m probably never going back to that store.

What does Savers do with the good stuff? And isn’t that contrary to their mission? That sucks.

Recent e-thrift, this Ballantyne vicuna sweater that was sold at Swiss high end department store Grieder
An absolute grail sweater...a bit unsure what to do with it...

Dog sweater for Professor Rufus.

Any sunglasses guys know which model this is (or if they’re even authentic)?

I stumbled across an Oakley forum yesterday chock full of OCD and nerdery. They’d know for sure.

Off topic tip for those of you with lower end inventory not worth selling....a local college's theater department....

That’s not dumb! But colleges have a budget. I’d go one better and contact your local high school. Their theater and speech/debate students need suits, and they have to pay for them themselves...which also means teachers often end up paying. (I’m assuming you live in the US.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s not dumb! But colleges have a budget. I’d go one better and contact your local high school. Their theater and speech/debate students need suits, and they have to pay for them themselves...which also means teachers often end up paying. (I’m assuming you live in the US.

I'm mostly donating vintage and outdated stuff to the college. Old HSM/Southwick, 3 button JAB, etc.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does Savers do with the good stuff? And isn’t that contrary to their mission? That sucks.

Dog sweater for Professor Rufus.

I stumbled across an Oakley forum yesterday chock full of OCD and nerdery. They’d know for sure.

Do you have a link to the Oakley forum?

JChong8

Reaction score
I'm mostly donating vintage and outdated stuff to the college. Old HSM/Southwick, 3 button JAB, etc.

I was wondering if the person that donated the navy Tom Ford suit yesterday was because it was 3 button. The funny thing is that it’s a 3 button roll so it doesn’t even look outdated at all. The Tom Ford suits made for the James Bond movies with Daniel Craig were mostly 3 button rolls as well and the newest movie, No Time to Die, looks like a 3 button as well. He also wears a corduroy 3 button Massimo Alba sand colored suit. Craig clearly likes 3 button lol.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if the person that donated the navy Tom Ford suit yesterday was because it was 3 button. The funny thing is that it’s a 3 button roll so it doesn’t even look outdated at all. The Tom Ford suits made for the James Bond movies with Daniel Craig were mostly 3 button rolls as well and the newest movie, No Time to Die, looks like a 3 button as well. He also wears a corduroy 3 button Massimo Alba sand colored suit. Craig clearly likes 3 button lol.

You got the now-discontinued Regency model which was what Bond wore in QOS. It's a great model.

If you're looking to sell, please let me know!

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
You got the now-discontinued Regency model which was what Bond wore in QOS. It's a great model.

If you're looking to sell, please let me know!
Isn‘t @JohnAAG one of our resident James Bond experts? Seem to recall him doing a few Bond movie thrift-fit recreations a couple years back?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics