• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All posts are bins
Marc Jacobs, Kate spade, longchamp
C956B85C-4AE8-4AF1-84AD-04C53E95F323.jpeg
251D201B-EF19-43E7-8909-300CFADFCEF9.jpeg
A796268F-3722-421A-A6A3-BA4FB840FCD7.jpeg

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My daughter is the anti-VSCO. If it's "trendy," she wants nothing to do with it. For Christmas, she wanted a sewing machine so that she can make/repair her own clothing. I have a feeling that middle school will alter these behaviors.

This was definitely me. I think Jr high actually made it worse. I'd pick stuff that was so off the wall, nobody even had a clue what it was or why I had it. Then after about a year or three, people would start wearing the same stuff or doing the same thing. Once it became popular, I ditched it and found something else. 70's rock t-shirts, shaggy hair (when everyone had the short "spiked" hair), slim leg jeans when everyone had baggy jeans, etc. I got the old brow-line glasses a number of years ago. My wife hated them. I liked them. She said "you're going to be the only with with those and you'll look like 50's nerd. My reply was "Yes, and your point is..?". Now it seems like everyone has em..... -_-

Kinda bums be out because some of that stuff is now worth really money. Can't even remember what I did with the stuff, but a lot of it I wore into the ground.

thriftpeace

Reaction score
Well that went quick, about 10 minutes. One of those “**** did I price it too low” moments but $5 into $150 I’ll take all day

Maybe; it's one of those "they don't make 'em like they use to" themes. Goose down filled is becoming rarer these days. Part of it is due to avian flu in which the birds don't get the chance to grow old, which is where the best down comes from. In addition, there are adverse factors such as humane/sustainability treatment of the animals, feed cost and changing meat eating preferences of consumers. The best down is usually the older stuff. For example, what was rated 600 fill back in the day, is now probably rated 800.

There is more marketing stuff to try and hide the lower quality down in which manufacturers switch from goose to duck down or use hybrid synthetic fills. However, goose down bags are still the best and you will definitely pay a premium for it today. Marmot's most expensive sleeping bag comes in at $800+ and is all goose down.

Button hole

Reaction score
Part 1:

Never heard of this brand, but made in Italy with Japanese chambray and on Mr. Porter.
View attachment 1321158

NWT Barbour

I found a raincoat of theirs about two months back. I was impressed by it. It was a solid flip to boot and pretty fast <2weeks. putting Mr. Porter in the title seemed to help. I didn’t at first but when I added it the watch numbers went up fast.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, what does the candy have to do with the dance challenge? I watched the videos on tiki toki (or whatever the hell it is) and didn't see anyone with the candy.
I have no idea, I just saw on the news like three days ago. Just remember saying wth .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads