• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flashbang

Reaction score
I also find a lot of nwt emerging brands like dyne in NYC thrifts, mostly Brooklyn companies doing streetwear/athletileisure. Quality is mostly good but I rarely pick up because most of it is either too generic or too over designed.

Man the high hopes I had for those pilgrim surf + supply stuff i picked up a while back...

Basically liquidated most, only doubling my money instead of the anticipated 10x returns. :’(

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Staff member?

That badge looks far more impressive than it really is! I've been removing spam from SF for a couple of years and I needed to be able to do it a bit speedier so I got mod privileges to do it in bulk. If you've never seen Keto spam, black magic spam, or fake ID spam on the front pages, it's because I clear it a couple of times in the morning. Others in other time zones do the same.

ass down on it as I type this, probably one of my favorite things.

I was drinking coffee first thing in the morning while I read this half asleep and my brain literally put the first half of the sentence to the tune of "Face Down Ass Up" and the second half of the sentence to "My Favorite Things," no lie. I had to read it three or four times to make sense of it.

"Face down, ass up....these are a few of my favorite things!"

Flashbang

Reaction score
That badge looks far more impressive than it really is! I've been removing spam from SF for a couple of years and I needed to be able to do it a bit speedier so I got mod privileges to do it in bulk. If you've never seen Keto spam, black magic spam, or fake ID spam on the front pages, it's because I clear it a couple of times in the morning. Others in other time zones do the same.

I still catch it sometimes, the first time I saw it I was like “Wait what does that have to do with classic menswear?” Lol

Might be worth writing a basic program to auto-clear it, seems they tend to follow similar spam topics, formats, language, etc, could be a fun project. Heck, I’d take a crack at it just to get some practice, not sure from the user side if I have the know-how though since I’m a bit of a programming noob.

I was drinking coffee first thing in the morning while I read this half asleep and my brain literally put the first half of the sentence to the tune of "Face Down Ass Up" and the second half of the sentence to "My Favorite Things," no lie. I had to read it three or four times to make sense of it.

I don’t know if this warrants a ? or ? reaction

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score

The Dutch football anthem?

lasted

Reaction score
I also find a lot of nwt emerging brands like dyne in NYC thrifts, mostly Brooklyn companies doing streetwear/athletileisure. Quality is mostly good but I rarely pick up because most of it is either too generic or too over designed.
This is likely a dilemma all newer brands face. Until a brand is on people’s radar and can be recognized, the consumer will probably feel the styling is not unique enough, or too unusual.

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bonjour, an expresso and mineral water are quite expensive but they do throw in jewelry and scarves gratis

Attachments

• 20200120_132943.jpg
    20200120_132943.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200120_162047.jpg
    20200120_162047.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 43

JChong8

Reaction score
Although a lot of people in this thread re sell and flip...it shouldn’t be assumed that everyone who is posting in here is flipping. Like you mentioned, some people are just thrifting for their personal wardrobe or to find things for their family and friends.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any 32 (or 33) LBM 1911/Epaulet/Eidos-ish wool trousers they want to trade away? Looking for light gray but, you know, whatever as well.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Decided to make the 2-hour drive down to a little local live auction yesterday after seeing these two images in their ad. Might there be shell in there? And is that piece of art what I think it is?

20200116_155221.jpg

20200117_180153.jpg

Sho'nuff, it worked out. First up, in the box lot were two pairs of Florries. On the right, a rare example of 76424 LWBs in shell. Minty. And a relatively worthless pair of loafers on the left.

1-19 - 1.jpeg

1-19 - 2.jpeg
1-19 - 3.jpeg

And the artwork? Yep, turned out to be one of Yaacov Agam's "At Agamograph 2005" pieces of kinetic art. The image changes as you pass by it, thanks to a lenticular lens (shown in spoiler - same painting!). Had to pay up a bit (by our standards, not "public" standards) for it, but the only one on the 'Bay is at $4500, so fair enough. Still at just a few % rule, tho'.
1-19 - 4.jpeg

1-19 - 5.jpeg
1-19 - 6.jpeg

And I also got to grab this Anatole Krasnyansky "Dancing a Jig" serigraph for a Ben and change.
1-19 - 7.jpeg

Darned auction went on all day (the Agam was towards the end) so my plan to hit the thrifts got scotched. Time for only one stop at a Savers near the auction, but at 50% off Club Card day, still a handful of pickups before the store closed:

Calzaturificio Farfalla Tassel Leather Slippers from NM, nice bluish green pebbled boots from Wolverine, D&G and RayBan shades.
1-19 - 8.jpeg

1-19 - 9.jpeg
1-19 - 10.jpeg
And finally, vintage 90s Ford Cobra jacket, boring Boss leather, and Faconnable Loro Piana Storm System jacket, basically a copy of the cashmere Horsey.
1-19 - 11.jpeg

Long day, 6.30am-9pm on the road, but I'll take it!

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^That's rough when you start to divide the hours by margin, but sometimes worth it when you find something that you wanted for personal. Took just under 2hr this morning, first stop was a fat zero, second stop made up for it, probably averaged out to $120/h. That 2 h included commute times, but not listing times.

I'm not an american muscle fan, but I love finding those vintage jackets. I'd feel like a poser wearing one driving around in my Tesla.

Flashbang

Reaction score
ltlPGTt.gif

Anyone wear a classic fit 16 / 41 and need enough dress shirts for a month of workdays?

ethrifted some bulk lots, had to toss out a handful bringing the PPU to like $6 instead of $3.75 - a bit miffed about that but oh well, not pictured a few non-Etons (Charvet, 2x Zegna, Zileri, Zanella, couple Mrs. shirts)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads