• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFHansen

Reaction score
My pile of ties is getting unruly, largely owing to laziness in choosing a backdrop from stuff I have lying around. Does this look okay? The tie is the most beautiful I’ve ever held, but in addition to the brand tag there’s an oversized EZ import tag? Not seen this before.

View attachment 2199845

View attachment 2199847

Also, my first kockhorse of any kind, even though it’s only rocking.

I don't think Leonard is a much-faked tie brand if that is what you ask. The ones I have had were top notch, with Hermes-like print details and silk quality. What's with all those random objects printed on the tie? A mushroom lamp, toast on pizza, rocking horse, an African instrument, a glass bowl etc.... wtf were they smoking?

When you say 'beautiful' do you mean that you want to wear it, or that it is nicely made?

Last edited:

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very excited to find these. Rancourt for prl but in a rough suede and hiking sole combo I've never seen anywhere before. Might be on the edge of true thrift but I paid up for personal.
PXL_20240614_000859233.jpg
PXL_20240614_000908220.jpg
PXL_20240614_000903394.jpg

vandelay74

Reaction score
I don't think Leonard is a much-faked tie brand if that is what you ask. The ones I have had were top notch, with Hermes-like print details and silk quality. What's with all those random objects printed on the tie? A mushroom lamp, toast on pizza, rocking horse, an African instrument, a glass bowl etc.... wtf were they smoking?

When you say 'beautiful' do you mean that you want to wear it, or that it is nicely made?
“Okay” was a reference to the appearance of the tie on that backdrop. I definitely don’t think it’s faked with this quality and relative obscurity, i just haven’t seen an import tag like this that extends past the edges of the tail!

Haha yeah I love the random selection.

Beautifully made - The intricacies and sharpness of the detail, the shading, the richness of the contrasts. Unfortunately I have precious little need for more ties, especially not ones with resale potential.

Last edited:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jackstraw001

Reaction score

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
Usually don’t pick up J Hilburn but these were only $20 a pop and a mix of vbc and lp fabrics and 4 are single breasted peak lapels. One flip should pay for the bunch. The tux all the way on the left is a vintage single breasted peak lapel Hickey Freeman.
View attachment 2199901
View attachment 2199903 View attachment 2199907
Finally thrifted a pair of 550’s View attachment 2199909
Now I just need to beat the crap out of them.
Huge fan of J Hilburn, especially for personal, highly underrated. Nice finds!

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvid2kkrr