• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jplicks

Reaction score
View attachment 2135169 View attachment 2135171 View attachment 2135173 View attachment 2135175

Anyone know the maker? No other markings, insoles missing. They look similar to a lot of Yuketen models but don't have that criss-cross signature stitch they do their mocs. Maybe Rancourt? But most I've seen have markings on the inside of the quarters, and these only have the tongue markings. Vibram sole.
Figured it out, it's Maine Moccasin, who are now out of business:

Pretty wild cause these are in mint condition they must have been just sitting in someone's closet for a while.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found this the other day and I've been researching quite a bit but I'm not 100% sure about it. What do people think?

1.JPG

It's definitely puffy and properly filled with down. Has the 700 embroidered on sleeve and grosgrain glove? straps with snap buttons.

1-4.JPG

Inner stow pocket label and grosgrain loop.
1-9.JPG

Embroidery is pretty good, that wrinkly wobblyness is from the fabric. In a lot of the fakes I see online they never seem to get this right.

1-3.JPG

Do counterfeits typically go to the lengths to add a little zipper garage flap inside the pocket flap?

1-12.JPG

1-13.JPG

Someone removed the elastic things and cut the grosgrain tabs off... dunno why.. But they're there and well stitched.

1-16.JPG

Inside of collar has a fold out hood with velcro closure.

1-17.JPG

Back of zipper pull looks pretty smooth and clean.

1-11.JPG

Inside has DL# tag and care tag with model # and season of S06.

Real but just older? Or totally fake?

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found this the other day and I've been researching quite a bit but I'm not 100% sure about it. What do people think?

View attachment 2135381
It's definitely puffy and properly filled with down. Has the 700 embroidered on sleeve and grosgrain glove? straps with snap buttons.

View attachment 2135385
Inner stow pocket label and grosgrain loop.
View attachment 2135387
Embroidery is pretty good, that wrinkly wobblyness is from the fabric. In a lot of the fakes I see online they never seem to get this right.

View attachment 2135383
Do counterfeits typically go to the lengths to add a little zipper garage flap inside the pocket flap?

View attachment 2135389
View attachment 2135391
Someone removed the elastic things and cut the grosgrain tabs off... dunno why.. But they're there and well stitched.

View attachment 2135393
Inside of collar has a fold out hood with velcro closure.

View attachment 2135379
Back of zipper pull looks pretty smooth and clean.

View attachment 2135395
Inside has DL# tag and care tag with model # and season of S06.

Real but just older? Or totally fake?
For me I’d be incline to say it’s real. Logo stitching is clean

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pulled my old Blue Nuptse out to compare and many of the construction details are the same..

1-18.JPG

1-19.JPG

1-20.JPG

One thing I wasn't sure about was these little curved ends ^ going into the zipper. The newer Nuptses don't have that - straight seams into the zipper.

While researching I stumbled onto this photo of this actor bloak at the Sundance Film Festival in 2004:

samhuntington2004sundanceTNFNuptse.jpg

And oh look who's jacket is not only the same color and zipper pull, but has curved ends haha.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand why this pocket is so small.

IMG_8973.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did some streetwear kid die in some horrible skateboarding accident or something? (a little dark of a post, i know)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads