• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Still really slow where I am on clothes; only found a couple of hats and ties worth grabbing. On the other hand, my thrift vinyl and signed book collection is progressing

"Still Bill" maybe my favorite album of all time.

1989 maybe my favorite World Series of all time.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I get some assistance with a couple of recent finds? Are these legit?

A DSquared jean jacket, but the buttons Gap &Denim buttons. I know D2 did a Gap collab, but I couldn't find any similar items. The stitching on the label and the lapel tag seem too good to be some after purchase label swap.

The second is a RRL shirt. All the embroidery and printing is Polo, but the tag is RRL.

...any help would be appreciated.
RRL with never have polo anywhere on it. ALL of the font to the crowns to the embroidery everything is wrong for polo as well. I think not only is it not RRL but also not even polo.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRL with never have polo anywhere on it. ALL of the font to the crowns to the embroidery everything is wrong for polo as well. I think not only is it not RRL but also not even polo.

Hi @the2ndhandman

Good seeing you here again, friend :)

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S
Hi @the2ndhandman

Good seeing you here again, friend :)
Still here and collecting. Traveling a ton. When I'm not, I've been restoring an older B7 RS4 so I've been wrenching a ton. Cars finished and put in storage so I'm back around. Still got the mini?
20230608_090207.jpg
20230608_085703.jpg
20230529_130124.jpg
Screenshot_20230510_091205_Gallery.jpg

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any T-shirt guys recognize this tag?

View attachment 1970919
Bijan?
My dudes.
It has been an epically long time since I’ve been on the thread — I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of the current crew have literally never seen a post from me. But I’m delighted to see the community is still so active and vibrant.
My zombie-like return is to see if any of the young hustlers out there wants to help me finally let go of the resale side of things. Life, fatherhood, career and general burn out have meant that I just don’t have the time or energy anymore. But equally, my efforts to finally put eBay behind me have been wildly unsuccessful. So I’ve got an inventory of a couple hundred items (yes, I know Spoo and Wes and others list multiples of that daily; but it’s a good foundation for someone on the starting end) ranging from “hey, that’s respectable” to “that one master tailor in Naples who makes 5 items a year.” And vintage/oddities as well.
Anyway if you’re just starting out and looking for a win-win, drop me a DM.

And I’ll try not to be such a stranger round these parts.
Heeeeeeee's back!!

Juntao90

Reaction score
Since a lot of you guys are regular sellers in here, I was going to ask what you guys would do in this situation? I thrifted a purse which I don’t really focus on ever but it came out in front of me. I accepted a really good price for it but within 15 minutes, the lady was requesting to cancel claiming that the details are different on the website vs my pictures. She was referencing a bag within the same family but not the same model. I provided model and told her it is authentic and had been authenticated by a number of the sites. She just ignored and responded saying she is not going to accept the package. Would you guys play hard ball or just refund her purchase and move on?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since a lot of you guys are regular sellers in here, I was going to ask what you guys would do in this situation? I thrifted a purse which I don’t really focus on ever but it came out in front of me. I accepted a really good price for it but within 15 minutes, the lady was requesting to cancel claiming that the details are different on the website vs my pictures. She was referencing a bag within the same family but not the same model. I provided model and told her it is authentic and had been authenticated by a number of the sites. She just ignored and responded saying she is not going to accept the package. Would you guys play hard ball or just refund her purchase and move on?

Cancel and block if you haven’t already shipped it.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 27 17.6%

Forum statistics

Threads