• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

starwarsocean

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing
I was too. Between working for Spoo and the years I’ve spent going to estate sales/thrifting, Burberry is one of the few brands I’ve gotten good at spotting fakes from the tags and those tags seem suspect imo.

LiamD

Reaction score
@LiamD i'm by no means an expert on Burberry, but that tag looks a little wonky. The font on the o for "London" is different than the one in "Scotland" and "Only"
the space between a and n in "clean"

I hope i'm wrong and that you got a legit item
Thanks, should've noticed that. Eyes aren't what they were. That's £3 down the drain ;)

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick trip after work.

Lanvin DDB1 sneakers. Barely worn. $14.

Seem legit. too small for me, but the wife was like "I WANT THEM!". they are already on her feet. Lol!

1987 Harman Kardon PM-665 VSI. $19.99. All i could test is that it turned on. Unfortunately, only one channel works. My buddy brought a multi meter. It has dual channel power transformers. Only voltage coming out of one transformer. He said he'll review the schematic. Odds of it actually killing the iron is pretty rare.

Attachments

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spontaneous day today. Went off another town I haven’t been too for over a year, found sod all and then stopped off in the town I grew up in for a quick skate (wearing thrifted gear) and found this APC there.

A4699637-301D-46C8-9F94-957AC5E7EEED.jpeg

C6DF82D9-3804-485A-9C41-48AE0A1C3B44.jpeg

AFB28482-981C-428E-93EC-B47A5115D579.jpeg

A04DAC93-8A57-44D8-B803-D9D377352011.jpeg

A good day.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah good tip about the polarized. I didn't know that about MJ's and assumed they had non-polarized models.They don't react the same or look polarized to me.

They appear to be a "Koko Head Matt Tortoise" model, but they're missing the nosepad pieces, the hinges aren't the same, the markings inside the frame arms is gone and the tortoise appearance on this pair is spotted and kinda camo/splotchy, not striated stripes like all the Koko Heads i see online. Will hear other opinions but these are prolly no good.
another way to see if its polarized is if you wear it looking at a computer monitor. Tilt your head left and right and if it goes brighter or darker based on your movement it’s polarized

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandonscottherrell