• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Re-Bespoke

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question, but how does thrifting in the city even work? Do you just leave your car parked in a centralized spot and make trips to it to drop stuff off as needed? Or do you just carry around all the stuff you get and hoof it?

AD49DFA6-042C-44E5-8A96-08C2A9168AAE.jpeg

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ain’t been bullshitting I been sleep man, I been hibernating, but you know what? The wolf’s awoken homie.
I went to Gucci and bought a belt, I don’t recommend buying the furniture though. 2500$ for a tray, and it’s not impressive. No “boom”, I got a old tray from the store made of Mahagony. I’ll put similar legs on it. I can put whatever Gucci **** on the tray I want and get way more boom than the cheesy tray they offer. Hermes makes a skateboard, I’m upset it sucks though, expensive too. I’m trying to ditch my mountain of rags, I spin them ***** into gold, and I moved mountains before but I’m chewing on 1000+ in just T-shirt’s. Uncharted territory.

1F86EB98-3B6E-4DCA-AEA1-8A10CEE6DDFE.jpeg

491DD8AD-A48A-45E6-8C59-76483EF24AA8.jpeg

44491085-DA1D-46D6-85A7-2E4E7CA1FB85.jpeg

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the cold weather just beginning to move in now I got this jacket out and fluffed it up. @eazye and I made a trade a little while back and I was the receipient of this Schneiders of Salzburg down jacket.

Eazye, did you know if the hood trim was real fur or not when you had it? It seems like it could be but not listed in tag. I know Schneiders has used fur before.

IMG_20181113_204941.jpg

IMG_20181113_205114.jpg

Thrift finds are scarce lately around here. Did manage to find this BRAX shirt that fits me and some Jack Spade selvedge jeans for personal use. Made in USA White Oak Cone denim.

IMG_20181113_205528.jpg

IMG_20181113_205600.jpg

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, he mentioned that. I should have included you in the jacket's trade-chronology too. Lol.

What kind of fur if you remember?

Think it will be a great jacket come the first deep-freeze here.

Long haired ones are coyote mostly and short haired ones are hare or even rarer, wolverine.

So I'm curious which one on the spectrum it is.

Versace Guy

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question, but how does thrifting in the city even work? Do you just leave your car parked in a centralized spot and make trips to it to drop stuff off as needed? Or do you just carry around all the stuff you get and hoof it?
The stores with no parking space for Ferrari and jazz usually have the best yields

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
I ain’t been bullshitting I been sleep man, I been hibernating, but you know what? The wolf’s awoken homie.
I went to Gucci and bought a belt, I don’t recommend buying the furniture though. 2500$ for a tray, and it’s not impressive. No “boom”, I got a old tray from the store made of Mahagony. I’ll put similar legs on it. I can put whatever Gucci **** on the tray I want and get way more boom than the cheesy tray they offer. Hermes makes a skateboard, I’m upset it sucks though, expensive too. I’m trying to ditch my mountain of rags, I spin them ***** into gold, and I moved mountains before but I’m chewing on 1000+ in just T-shirt’s. Uncharted territory.

View attachment 1071404

View attachment 1071405

View attachment 1071406

If you happen to find a Hermes baseball glove, let me know. Would very likely kopp.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads