• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone make out these markings? It’s a dog whistle
BB774819-963B-4AAA-B3A9-D2A1738E73C5.jpeg
034B1FA7-9C18-43AC-B026-DE443164BDEF.jpeg

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift fit:
- Kuhl pants, $7.
-Gucci tee, $5.
- mission belt, $3.
- Yeezy, retail.
- hipster beanie size premie, $0.
- knock off beacon blanket, $0.
- kid, $45 (Dinner, Netflix and chill)
- subscription to keep said kid, $100k+
View attachment 1641697

@carreragt7 Congratulations bro!!! Whisper in his ear "Buy low sell high" every 17 seconds. He'll be on here showing everyone up in no time

Last edited:

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two shirts. Hilditch and key French cuff. Looks brand new, still has the fold creases. needed one anyway.

And a shirt that was once cool, but seems super played out now? Les Plus Dorés (LPD NYC) Margiela 57. Eh, it was only a few bucks. it's so douchey, I kinda like it.
20210721_104949.jpg
20210721_105039.jpg

Last edited:

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off the topic of thrifting, but if anybody has a car coming off lease, be sure to check the value of that car before returning it to a dealer and getting charged a disposition fee and the cost of a new set of tires they'll tell you the car needs. Prices for both new and used cars been going through the roof this year, due to a shortage of chips among other things. A real-world example (mine):

My 2019 Subaru Outback has a contractual option for me to buy the vehicle at lease-end (November in my case) for just over $20K. Looking ahead, I plugged the VIN into a used car site and got an immediate offer for $25K. So you know they'd be reselling the car to another driver for $28K or more if they could get it, which they very well could since it's pretty loaded, even though it only has the smaller 2.5L engine. No wonder I've been getting so many friendly emails from the dealer offering to discuss my lease-end options. I'm just going to buy it, it would be a crime to just hand the dealer ~$8K profit for a car they'll sell in a day or two.

Just a heads-up so bros don't leave money on the table. Oh and BTW if you've been commuting less lately and are under the mileage allowance on the lease that has value too, so even if you turn the car back in, make sure you get credit for that.
/backontopic

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off the topic of thrifting, but if anybody has a car coming off lease, be sure to check the value of that car before returning it to a dealer and getting charged a disposition fee and the cost of a new set of tires they'll tell you the car needs. Prices for both new and used cars been going through the roof this year, due to a shortage of chips among other things. A real-world example (mine):

My 2019 Subaru Outback has a contractual option to buy the vehicle at lease-end (November in my case) for just over $20K. Looking ahead, I plugged the VIN into a used car site and got an immediate offer for $25K. So you know they'd be reselling the car to another driver for $28K or more if they could get it, which they very well could since it's pretty loaded, even though it only has the smaller 2.5L engine. No wonder I've been getting so many friendly emails from the dealer offering to discuss my lease-end options. I'm just going to buy it, it would be a crime to just hand the dealer ~$8K profit for a car they'll sell in a day or two.

Just a heads-up so bros don't leave money on the table. Oh and BTW if you've been commuting less lately and are under the mileage allowance on the lease that has value too, so even if you turn the car back in, make sure you get credit for that.
/backontopic

So are you going to keep it, or sell it?

Jackstraw001

Reaction score

My 2019 Subaru Outback has a contractual option for me to buy the vehicle at lease-end (November in my case) for just over $20K. Looking ahead, I plugged the VIN into a used car site and got an immediate offer for $25K. So you know they'd be reselling the car to another driver for $28K or more if they could get it, which they very well could since it's pretty loaded, even though it only has the smaller 2.5L engine. No wonder I've been getting so many friendly emails from the dealer offering to discuss my lease-end options. I'm just going to buy it, it would be a crime to just hand the dealer ~$8K profit for a car they'll sell in a day or two.

/backontopic

Worth a read if you’re looking to sell your car at the end of the lease term.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads