• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked a sport coat the other day with some nice and heavy Holland and Sherry blazer buttons. The H & S website says that their buttons are solid brass and then plated in 9ct gold, silver, antique silver, or bronze finishes. It looks like all their buttons can be made with solid gold. I doubt they are, but how could I determine if they were solid gold?

PXL_20210614_161040998.jpg

BPL Esq

Reaction score
If I couldn't find a stamp identifying it as gold, I'd probably stop by a jewelry store and ask if they could check.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Picked a sport coat the other day with some nice and heavy Holland and Sherry blazer buttons. The H & S website says that their buttons are solid brass and then plated in 9ct gold, silver, antique silver, or bronze finishes. It looks like all their buttons can be made with solid gold. I doubt they are, but how could I determine if they were solid gold?

View attachment 1624506
uk has pretty stringent hallmark laws so if not marked, it’s not gold

color is off too

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why does every English insult sound like something that comes out when one is too drunk to think of the right word?
Because they plied public school boys with beer so much in the 19th century that it became an epigenetic pastime.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.