• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Circa probably 2011 I had an employee and for some reason my company that had like 1000 empty offices and cubicles thought we should share an office, I downloaded every DMX song, something like 342 if I remember right, and played them nonstop for weeks. He hated me for awhile but we ended up being friends.
RIP DMX
Because they knew it would be the beginning of a beautiful friendship that's why!

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@double00
The wise, but basically my twin due to how hideously ugly he is @drlivingston helped me with that same question once. There were two main companies he recommended if I recall correctly. I can try to dig back into old messages and find the info.
You only want to utilize JSA for autograph authentication.

For sports card grading/authentication, you want to either use:
PSA (Professional Sports Authenticators) - the recognized authority
SGC (Sports Card Guaranty)
BGS (Beckett Grading Services)

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You only want to utilize JSA for autograph authentication.

For sports card grading/authentication, you want to either use:
PSA (Professional Sports Authenticators) - the recognized authority
SGC (Sports Card Guaranty)
BGS (Beckett Grading Services)
Except you can't use PSA right now because they are horribly run company and can't handle the demand.

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was reading online about all the grading and appraisal stuff and more than a few different places said that they recommend against the grading services unless it’s a super pricey card potentially. Not sure where the cut off is on that price-wise. I’ll dig deeper on some of the cards as it seems like a few sell for hundreds and into the low 4 digits...

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was reading online about all the grading and appraisal stuff and more than a few different places said that they recommend against the grading services unless it’s a super pricey card potentially. Not sure where the cut off is on that price-wise. I’ll dig deeper on some of the cards as it seems like a few sell for hundreds and into the low 4 digits...
There's truth to that. You only want to have high value cards graded. And, yes, as @Tweets said, be prepared to wait quite a while.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this is more like ephemera tbh. it's a poster of the 73 or 74 raiders and that was the middle of the dynasty. the sigs are actually pretty wild it's caspar and stabler etc and so not too sure how to market. worth authenticating?

the poster itself is in pretty bad shape but the signatures are all very good. idk .

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's truth to that. You only want to have high value cards graded. And, yes, as @Tweets said, be prepared to wait quite a while.
Just for some context, I’ve had 25 Pokemon cards with PSA since July 2020 and I don’t expect to see them back until maybe May/June. PSA actually have closed to submissions due to the backlog of cards they’ve got to get through. I sent 75 cards back in November that I don’t expect to see until 2022 honestly.

With all of this sports card talk, I gotta ask... Is anyone here an expert in OG Pokémon cards? I found a few at my parents house from back in the day when I was collecting, and want to understand their worth.
PM me and I’ll be happy to give you some advice.

Pyrrhomaniac

Reaction score
Hell, after today, we aren't even required to wear masks in Alabama. Lots of super spreader parties planned for the weekend.
Birmingham mandate continues until late May, just FYI. Though I will personally continue to wear masks to hide my absolute disgust for other people. It's not that people are dirty, I just fucking hate them.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Birmingham mandate continues until late May, just FYI. Though I will personally continue to wear masks to hide my absolute disgust for other people. It's not that people are dirty, I just fucking hate them.
We may be brothers. So many people around here are damn disgusting.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy