• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
relatedly, i have a football poster with like 12 sigs, maybe half from HOFers.

would like to list but not my normal category. what should i consider as far as authenticating sigs on something like this?

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info @Fueco! I may or may not have wasted half my night going down Nostalgia Lane due to that binder. None of them are graded, but based on my in depth crash course on quality levels I dare say these fit the bill of the top tiers in quality. Crisp, sharp edges, centered, no fade or damage on 99% of them. It’s clear whoever collected these was pretty serious about taking care of them.
Definitely didn’t want to clutter up the thread with hi-res photos of them all but as I get time I’ll try to do a spoilered post of the ones I’ve already found currently fetching some ridiculous chunks of change.

And now I’m trying to find a tactful way of asking my parents if somehow, someway my brother’s and my own collections of cards have somehow been kept. We had some of the cards that are going for sports car money...
It’s mind boggling at what some of these cards are selling for currently. Asking prices are astronomical but surprisingly sold listings are really close to what people are asking. It’s not the deflating 1stttdibs pricing getting me excited.

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@double00
The wise, but basically my twin due to how hideously ugly he is @drlivingston helped me with that same question once. There were two main companies he recommended if I recall correctly. I can try to dig back into old messages and find the info.

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@double00
Jamesss Spenccce Authenticationnn and Professionalll Sportsss Authenticatorrr. Adding extra letters so the people that end up financing my future mansion in the Hamptons don’t find the post about me bragging.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok guys. I know I asked this same question a couple years ago, but I am asking again. Who’s our resident sports card guru? Gurus?

Just bought a binder full of awesomeness. I mean, just look at the first sleeve/page...

View attachment 1589998 View attachment 1589999

I waste all my time and $$ on basketball card forums these days. Happy to help if I can!

I would not call this a goldmine, but definitely would be happy to find it! These are mostly common base cards. But yes, even the base Topps Kobe rookie is hot right now (though is cooling down). That looks a little off center left-to-right, but you're still probably looking at a few hundred bucks. Other Kobes, like the Fleer rookie, are still in like the 30 dollar range. The majority aren't going to command much, but you could always portion them off in player lots. Or ... start collecting again like me. It's a lot of fun! But gets expensive quickly.

It's true that even some junk wax–era MJ base cards can go for a decent chunk of change if they get perfect grades. But those are very hard to get, and the grading services are severely backed up right now and just raised their prices significantly, so it's hard to see a return on that game anymore. Personally I don't play the whole grading game since I'm just a collector and not a re-seller. I only bother getting graded cards if it's something higher end or frequently knocked off.

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well 2021 sucks already
RIP DMX
89857808-E725-493A-9853-9CCDB6CAD39F.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a thrift, per se, but a decent score. I noticed a week or so ago that Jacob Bromwell’s website had one of their flask marked as overstock at $50. So I ordered one. I got a message asking if they could substitute a Heritage Flag Flask. Apparently, there was an error on the website in the number of Weekender Flasks they had. So I got this $400 flask for $50 plus shipping. Not that I’d ever pay full price.

7E83F6FE-3D8D-4D90-B7F7-EC9086E6535F.jpeg

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Thrift Vader
I’m going down the rabbit hole on this, but yes, yes, YES. This definitely is a gold mine if I can trust/believe feebay completed listings on the few I’ve started researching.
Almost had a heart attack as there are some cards that have a regular series vs chrommme, and the Kobbbe chrome ones would pay for a nice sports car or even a house. Sadly, don’t think any of these are the chrome ones.

Think of every major player from the glory years and this binder only contains them. Michael, Kobbbe, Hakeemmm, shaqqqq, granttt, bird, webbbber, mourninggg, nashhh, barkleyyy, marburry, kemppp, paytonnn, garnetttt, johnsonnn, rodmannn, pippennn, robinsonnn, milller, ainggge, hardawayyy, iversonnn, kiddd, hillll, malonnne, ewinggg, duncannn, etc.

Don’t believe me? Take a look...
Damn, I've got 1000's upon 1000's of cards in binders at my parents house right now. Def gonna have to raid those next time I'm in town.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well 2021 sucks already
RIP DMX
View attachment 1590234

Circa probably 2011 I had an employee and for some reason my company that had like 1000 empty offices and cubicles thought we should share an office, I downloaded every DMX song, something like 342 if I remember right, and played them nonstop for weeks. He hated me for awhile but we ended up being friends.
RIP DMX

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Glad to see you guys have been rocking out there. I've still been catching up backlog, so not out much, and spent the morning auditioning the various sets of speakers I've bought lately to flip. What a frickin' racket. GF is starting to sound like my mom 50 years ago, or the mom on Joe's Garage: "TURN THAT DOWN!" Very impressed with the Paradigm 9se Mk2s I just auditioned. Dahlquist DQM-7s up next. Just refurbished those.

Meanwhile, back to the mundane and a question for the shoe experts: I grabbed these on a quick GW fly-by yesterday, purely on the basis of quality of construction. They seemed like well-made CXL shoes. Gumlite/Vibram soles. No branding on the shoes, just the manufacturer's codes inside (which is odd as they otherwise look custom). Kinda Gokey/Viberg/Tricker vibe, but might also be nothing. Googling the number isn't helping. Anyone recognize these?

1617998842086.jpeg

1617998934564.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads