• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah fuck that lady who owned the locker.
Her people are starving and she's hiding rolexes and 14K bottles of swill in storage ?
Haiti is one of the most corrupt countries in the world probably want her stuff to begin with .

There were 2 Haitian families on my block when I was a kid and they were clearly from 2 different socioeconomic classes back in Haiti:

1 family had a shit load of kids who write 2nd hand rags and were poor it was a wonder how they were able to own a house. The kids spoke English and Creole at home and the parents spoke mostly Creole and heavily accented English at times.

The other family spoke French regularly as opposed to Creole (they spoke it as well though) and just seemed different. I believe the father was a professor at Stony Brook. Even their phenotype was different as they could be mistaken for any number of ethnicities/nationalities. Today they would be described as "mixed" or having a heavy admixture.
Anytime they had family gatherings the block would be filled with Renaults, Citroëns, Peugeots, Alfa Romeos, and Maseratis.

Those were my earliest encounters with Haitians: either dirt poor or upper middle/lower upper class and worldly. And they lived next door to one another to boot

Haiti might be a poor country but every Haitian isn't a dirt poor UNICEF commercial stand-in with flies crawling across unblinking eyelids

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There were 2 Haitian families on my block when I was a kid and they were clearly from 2 different socioeconomic classes back in Haiti:

1 family had a shit load of kids who write 2nd hand rags and were poor it was a wonder how they were able to own a house. The kids spoke English and Creole at home and the parents spoke mostly Creole and heavily accented English at times.

The other family spoke French regularly as opposed to Creole (they spoke it as well though) and just seemed different. I believe the father was a professor at Stony Brook. Even their phenotype was different as they could be mistaken for any number of ethnicities/nationalities. Today they would be described as "mixed" or having a heavy admixture.
Anytime they had family gatherings the block would be filled with Renaults, Citroëns, Peugeots, Alfa Romeos, and Maseratis.

Those were my earliest encounters with Haitians: either dirt poor or upper middle/lower upper class and worldly. And they lived next door to one another to boot

Haiti might be a poor country but every Haitian isn't a dirt poor UNICEF commercial stand-in with flies crawling across unblinking eyelids
First of all I didn't say that .
I'm talking about Haitians living in Haiti.
This lady was a diplomat and I don't care what you say evey politician is a corrupt piece of shit .

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.