• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remember those like size 14 or 17 French ones I found? Those things legit had to have been made for a pro baller because supposedly they didn’t make those sizes for their normal size range in those days. They were pretty toasted from age but they still went for a pretty penny, too. Makes me scared realizing that stores are probably tossing most of the vintage shoes and jeans I would love to buy. :/

I hear ya ,and heres the kicker when I was buying mine they told me they had the box but tossed it.which would have added like a grand to the price.
But my best and rarest find was of course the OG Nike Air Max 1 I got for 4.99 plus a $2 off coupon on a Saturday on way to buy milk.

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It blows my mind at what some of these shops do. I’ve heard of them tossing packaging for lots of different stuff. Common sense would dictate its worth more with packaging, so why toss it?!

Last edited:

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
more like great friday

559A9E40-1B32-422C-B9ED-BF2956C19318.jpeg

(paid up a lil but still within the 10% rule)

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a new phone! Ha.
Random find from a couple days ago.

151, comes up as Liverpool area code. But the denominations aren’t jiving, right? I know nothing of British coin history, but coin slots appear to be for US market.
Similar model phones appear to be desirable and from the 60s.
F8B47676-C3D8-43BB-AF32-8548BA078B55.jpeg

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I remember Silvertab from the late 80s. By 91 they were in all the outlet stores
Hmm. . Maybe there was an earlier silver tab?
we need a definitive source on this. it would be good to know.

Edit: oh. .i remember, old silver tab had red and white script on it? - 80's?
White tab had red and black script.- 90's
Silver tab was just silver and dark gray. -2000 ?

I just did a google search and it's still confusing.

Does anyone remember when the Nike "Team" started?

Can a Nike guru explain it all better?

Last edited:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a new phone! Ha.
Random find from a couple days ago.

151, comes up as Liverpool area code. But the denominations aren’t jiving, right? I know nothing of British coin history, but coin slots appear to be for US market.
Similar model phones appear to be desirable and from the 60s.
View attachment 1586398

You got 1G on that ?

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah man! It has 1x capability! I’m stoked! Finally getting with the times! Can retire my trusty old carrier pigeon. His wings just can’t handle the workload like they used to. Haha.

Oh you fancy huh,got a Pidgeon and ****.
I'm still sending smoke signals .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads