• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@rokor I think you missed the point but I was meaning teens as in reselling teens. They were just grabbing literally everything off the rack and carting it so they can go sort through it to see what they want to keep to sell, not just shopping for personal. Either way people can do whatever they want but the etiquette there is pretty fucked up.
There was a couple college kids that did this to me at a thrift grand opening a number of years back. They literally grabbed handfuls of suits and stacked into their cart until they cleared most of the suit rack off. Then skittered off to a corner to sort them out. Disgusting.

Loosethreads

Reaction score

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure why this is even a debate. Yes, people do that, no I’m not surprised by it. However, that doesn’t make it less incorrect. I’ve had people jump on a rack two items in front of me. I’m not a dickhead so I don’t escalate, but it’s still an asshat move and shouldn’t be hand-waved as just “something that happens”.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Filing this one under "Frenchy made me do it". With all the sweet guitars he posts, and my double quarantine, a deal popped up I couldn't pass up. Not quite the 10% rule, but if you all can stretch that to a 20% e-thrift for me since I can't leave the house.....

Washburn Cumberland Jumbo Cutaway Electracoustic, Solid spruce top/quilted maple body.

IMG_0398.jpeg

Last edited:

wumpyfish

Reaction score
Gift Exchange Guys

I just drew the names and saw that we needed one addition to it as soon as they were drawn. You received an email, but those names were cleared. You'll receive a new email in just a moment.

Really sorry about that, but let's be honest, premature selection is a problem that everyone has faced and it's always embarrassing.

Edited to add: Names drawn successfully, enjoy! Get in touch with your guy and (anonymously) ask for his address!
Hey @HansderHund Might have missed it but do we have 2020 Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling yet? Asking for a friend shipping ice cream to Pennsylvania.

Last edited:

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @HansderHund Might have missed it but do we have 2020 Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling yet? Asking for a friend shipping shipping ice cream to Pennsylvania.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Filing this one under "Frenchy made me do it". With all the sweet guitars he posts, and my double quarantine, a deal popped up I couldn't pass up. Not quite the 10% rule, but if you all can stretch that to a 20% e-thrift for me since I can't leave the house.....

Washburn Cumberland Jumbo Cutaway Electracoustic, Solid spruce top/quilted maple body.

View attachment 1508504
That 12 string in the back is a monster,damn.

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this behavior is very prevalent at the outlet bins.

Cart hoarders just stacking shit high to sort before checkout. Annoying AF! I'll peruse the reject bin at the checkout. Usually some good stuff is left behind because you'd only stack it mile high if you didn't know what you were doing in the first place.

I mostly leave empty handed while others buy hundreds of dollars of God knows what. I'm assuming most are just looking for flea market fodder.

Or are happy to turn that $1.25 shirt into $5 at the flea. I'm mainly looking for that $1 thing to flip for $100... Or just for personal collection... @impuntura Like THE WWII FLIGHT JACKET! HAHA!

There was a couple college kids that did this to me at a thrift grand opening a number of years back. They literally grabbed handfuls of suits and stacked into their cart until they cleared most of the suit rack off. Then skittered off to a corner to sort them out. Disgusting.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this behavior is very prevalent at the outlet bins.

Cart hoarders just stacking shit high to sort before checkout. Annoying AF! I'll peruse the reject bin at the checkout. Usually some good stuff is left behind because you'd only stack it mile high if you didn't know what you were doing in the first place.

I mostly leave empty handed while others buy hundreds of dollars of God knows what. I'm assuming most are just looking for flea market fodder.

Or are happy to turn that $1.25 shirt into $5 at the flea. I'm mainly looking for that $1 thing to flip for $100... Or just for personal collection... @impuntura Like THE WWII FLIGHT JACKET! HAHA!
"Which oh which flight jacket do you speak of?"

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.