• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

carreragt7

Reaction score
Literally was popping into only one store today due to time constraints and one of my favorite employees of that store was carrying this back to their sorting/pricing area. He’d been looking for their “pawn shop guy” aka one of the managers (used to work/own a pawn shop I guess) to verify what he thought of this donated guitar. Couldn’t find him, I ran into him at the most perfect time with him carrying -in his words- this “knockoff gibssson.”
It has been very well-used and unfortunately has a crack in the back. Late 50s, early 60s. Still trying to hammer down specific model but I’m happy with my “knockoff” purchase today.
991704FE-252A-4CBE-A9EC-EBBCF28DEE3F.jpeg
3B0ED036-25DB-4664-A96C-1D09D1497BE1.jpeg

carreragt7

Reaction score
@double00 yeah that’s the one! I’ve been trying to nail down specific year but serial number guides aren’t very helpful as Gibby has some repeating ones for some reason. Most of that model used different tuners, but 1958 used the ones on mine. But 58 isn’t one of the years the decoder pointed to for my SN. Obviously someone over the past 50+ years could have upgraded/replaced the tuners. Pics spoilered as I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.
1A2AA972-F388-41CA-9003-46B96E9875F0.jpeg
B6C5BC99-9C89-4FD1-98C6-5E3BD8410811.jpeg
4C68A232-295F-4A81-9554-45E12CD322E6.jpeg

[/
94B39B8C-47FD-42ED-85B5-439800EA8CA5.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Literally was popping into only one store today due to time constraints and one of my favorite employees of that store was carrying this back to their sorting/pricing area. He’d been looking for their “pawn shop guy” aka one of the managers (used to work/own a pawn shop I guess) to verify what he thought of this donated guitar. Couldn’t find him, I ran into him at the most perfect time with him carrying -in his words- this “knockoff gibssson.”
It has been very well-used and unfortunately has a crack in the back. Late 50s, early 60s. Still trying to hammer down specific model but I’m happy with my “knockoff” purchase today.
View attachment 1485181View attachment 1485182
fucking hell well done.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior