• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
Found a few fodder pieces enough to make up gas and time and was happy.
Hey Spoo, that sentence got me thinking about that truckload of wholesale stuff you and some other guys bought a few months ago. Whatever happened with that, don’t recall seeing anything posted after the truck and driveway sorting pictures? Did you find enough to make it worth while?

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True story.

Took a drive to a Sally way far away that usually never delivers. But, expended all my resources locally so why not. Found a few fodder pieces enough to make up gas and time and was happy. Went to pay and the cash register was on top of the jewelry case. Started bullshitting with the cashier and saw an iPhone in the case, only cause I saw it light up after a text or something. Asked her if it was for sale and she said no, it was hers, she only keeps it there for the charger. I usually never would have looked. My eye caught a watch box with a $4.99 price tag on it (I peeled the sticker off from the top as you can see, I never thought it would be brag worthy) - from a very reputable store. I asked to see it, took 3 seconds and figured it would be an easy 50 bucks. Bought it, threw it in the trunk and didnt look at it for a week or so. Finally got it out to get a closer look and to my surprise.... well looky there.

View attachment 1435664View attachment 1435665View attachment 1435666View attachment 1435667View attachment 1435668
love me a Gucci ring. I have a bracelet of that

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey Spoo, that sentence got me thinking about that truckload of wholesale stuff you and some other guys bought a few months ago. Whatever happened with that, don’t recall seeing anything posted after the truck and driveway sorting pictures? Did you find enough to make it worth while?
Shhh, we don’t talk about that.

eaeden

Reaction score
Sulka - belvest - battistoni
E thrifts well under 5%

Attachments

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Long time! I have been collecting Harris Tweed Jackets that I find cheap at thrift stores and estate sales. I THINK the unusual colors are the ones that sell for decent money. I also have a number of them with small moth holes. I thought I remembered someone on here that used HT fabric to make other projects like a portfolio cover. I'm curious if anyone has any other ideas and I'm curious about how to deconstruct a jacket to salvage the most fabric. I won't do this on the cool color varieties but will mostly focus on the ones with holes.

Also, here is a brag:

Vineyard Vines made for Kentucky Derby

IMG_0802.jpg
IMG_0803.jpg
IMG_0804.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.