• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Congratulations!

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe "Hereke" refers to the region/city in which the rug is made and also the name of the style that that city/region is known for making. The same goes for "Isfahan" rugs and others.

Being hand-knotted is a plus, a "self edge" style fringe is also a plus. The massive size may be a plus for value, but in terms of sellability that may take a specific buyer to move it and thus take a long time, if you're looking to flip. The fibre content looks like a wool/silk blend and the colors appear bright and minimally faded.

You can determine the "kpi" or Knots Per Inch by laying a tape measure on the backside and counting the knots for both x and y axis, then multiply. Yours in the photos appears to be about 120-160kpi if my estimations are correct.

It's a good rug find. Determining values is difficult unless you're a seasoned expert or you own a rug shop. I know that if it carries the artist/weaver's signature it brings it up a notch. Being such a large size, I bet that took some Turkish weaver, or weavers, 1-2 years to weave.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

JChong8

Reaction score
Either way was not leaving it for $3 @Thrift Vader for sure. Was inquiring because comps on the bay had some vintage comparable polo silks going for $150-200 or more, but obviously the Polo “collector’s market” is after a certain thing.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.