• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm on the hunt for something:

I believe I have just the shirt for you. I'll run out and snap some pics, but it's like dead on your measurements and description.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife found this bin in someone’s trash
9B2528D2-EE83-4645-A05A-1FD6DC7E424D.jpeg
F298D56E-1D0F-4E26-9DCD-AF85BEF48061.jpeg
13153FBD-8A83-429F-89D4-B3BA9629CAE3.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@JohnAAG

I sold this one a while back. It would’ve been too big for you, but the styling is properly old school. This is pre-1993 vintage Pendleton.

55407C62-EA40-4A3B-83CA-7E8ED26D94E4.png

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been on this thread in a while. Is there any thrifting going on? I am not selling anymore. But, if I was, I suppose now would be the time to go through the old backlog of stuff.

tonylamer

Reaction score
I haven't been on this thread in a while. Is there any thrifting going on? I am not selling anymore. But, if I was, I suppose now would be the time to go through the old backlog of stuff.

Thrifting as we know it is dead for awhile. Now--if you need the income or the thrill--it's pretty much about hitting online listings and making connections. I posted that bedroom set a week ago. I also picked up this cool MCM rack I'm using for records. My guess is that we're now into the stage of this thing where people start cleaning out their attics, basements and garages. And some non-clothing items might hit the market.

DSC08608.JPG

Bon Vivant Life

Reaction score
a little story about customer service and how taking the extra step pays off. while the protagonist and hero in this story is myself, (and I'm not really a protagonist as I am real and not fictional) I am going to spoiler it so those who could care less can motor on through and see if @SpooPoker or @kbadgley84 have posted picks of promised epic hauls.
So 5 years ago I responded to a request through an app called Thumbtack to install 3 flat screen tv's in a swanky Boston apartment. I met the owner who had just bought it, and ended up getting job. He also asked if I knew an electrician that could move some outlets, and wire up a surround sound. I recommended someone I work with frequently, and they hired him as well. He had to make several holes in the walls to snake wires, so I patched the holes and sanded and painted them while I waited for him to finish so I could hang tv's. The owner was impressed that I went above and beyond my contracted work and did not upcharge him for it. He asked if I would come to his house about an hour west of boston and give a price to do some work there, as the Boston property was just for when he had early morning flights he could stay over. Come to find out he is a billionaire, with a b, owns a software company with his Bro in law valued at close to 5 Billion. To cut to the chase, over last 5 years I have done over a dozen jobs for him and his family, and they are the most down to earth people you could imagine. FF to the present, I had all my upcoming jobs (I do remodeling work, and specialize in water damage repair work) cancel or postpone, so was a bit anxious, like everyone else, how I was going to survive the next few months. Last week I get a call from his wife, saying they knew I was probably impacted by Coronavirus, and if I was interested, they wanted all the walls in their corporate HQ painted while they were shut down. It is a 100,000sq foot building, and we start tomorrow. The two guys who work for me are thrilled, the place is empty except for 3 janitors, a police officer on detail to watch front door, and two IT guys in the server room, which we are not going near. They are in Health care industry, and had a professional company come in and sanitize the whole place. we have a month to finish before they hope to reopen.
I know times are tough and people are on edge, but if you maintain good customer service, and maybe take the extra step to answer peoples questions about handling of items, you may end up with a customer for life that will exceed your expectations.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Brittish guys what’s up with Borris Johnson? Are they trying to downplay the severity or is he pretty ok?

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a little story about customer service and how taking the extra step pays off. while the protagonist and hero in this story is myself, (and I'm not really a protagonist as I am real and not fictional) I am going to spoiler it so those who could care less can motor on through and see if @SpooPoker or @kbadgley84 have posted picks of promised epic hauls.
So 5 years ago I responded to a request through an app called Thumbtack to install 3 flat screen tv's in a swanky Boston apartment. I met the owner who had just bought it, and ended up getting job. He also asked if I knew an electrician that could move some outlets, and wire up a surround sound. I recommended someone I work with frequently, and they hired him as well. He had to make several holes in the walls to snake wires, so I patched the holes and sanded and painted them while I waited for him to finish so I could hang tv's. The owner was impressed that I went above and beyond my contracted work and did not upcharge him for it. He asked if I would come to his house about an hour west of boston and give a price to do some work there, as the Boston property was just for when he had early morning flights he could stay over. Come to find out he is a billionaire, with a b, owns a software company with his Bro in law valued at close to 5 Billion. To cut to the chase, over last 5 years I have done over a dozen jobs for him and his family, and they are the most down to earth people you could imagine. FF to the present, I had all my upcoming jobs (I do remodeling work, and specialize in water damage repair work) cancel or postpone, so was a bit anxious, like everyone else, how I was going to survive the next few months. Last week I get a call from his wife, saying they knew I was probably impacted by Coronavirus, and if I was interested, they wanted all the walls in their corporate HQ painted while they were shut down. It is a 100,000sq foot building, and we start tomorrow. The two guys who work for me are thrilled, the place is empty except for 3 janitors, a police officer on detail to watch front door, and two IT guys in the server room, which we are not going near. They are in Health care industry, and had a professional company come in and sanitize the whole place. we have a month to finish before they hope to reopen.
I know times are tough and people are on edge, but if you maintain good customer service, and maybe take the extra step to answer peoples questions about handling of items, you may end up with a customer for life that will exceed your expectations.
Give me a few days, not in hand yet and probably not everyone spot of tea but it’s a ton of stuff and the price was definitely right

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads