• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bon Vivant Life

Reaction score

Unless there is a made in England stamp somewhere, those are Alden.
no made in England markings, first time coming across alden for BB

looks like alden for brooks brothers. 9159 lines up with the code for black punch cap toe
that is exactly what they are! thanks to both for quick response. might be looking for help on some other vintage shoes today, decided to tackle backlog from past year.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are so fucked here, after 112 flight from New York and New Jersey came in yesterday (thanks guys) Florida came out with a list of “essential” businesses to remain open. I stopped Reading after ‘hair and nail salons’. Florida is gonna fuck it up for everyone as usual

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aarn backpack? One of the few things I've bought at retail..
My brother! Hell, nobody on the Appalachian Trail knew what an AARN pack was.

And, yes I paid retail for it. Expensive, but for me it is worth it. On the AT in cold weather my full load (full food and water) was about 32 lbs. It was easy to get equal front to back distribution.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I recognize the branding on that Mazama knife. I don't know if they sell em anywhere else, but I see Mazama products on Tanner Goods' instagram a lot. They have some attractive mugs and glassware. Is the knife the only product from them you own?
I’d been wanting a better bread knife, and Tanner Goods had a 20% everything sale. I got the knife along with a sample belt and wallet. The knife is pretty nice.

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are so fucked here, after 112 flight from New York and New Jersey came in yesterday (thanks guys) Florida came out with a list of “essential” businesses to remain open. Florida is gonna fuck it up for everyone as usual
Sounds to me like it's all the NY/NJ folks coming here that are gonna F it up for everyone, not us Floridians...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.