• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Time for another chapter of "always check the women's section". My tiny local GW is probably a tenth the size of the ones down in Phoenix, but I'm always amazed by what shows up there. Anyway, always love it when something like this appears, especially minty.

Greatcoat from 1931. Fantastic design with those monster lapels, epaulets and an action back. Amazing for nearly ninety years old! Oh, and $4.99. That's almost embarrassing. More images under the spoiler.

1.24 - 1.jpeg

1.24 - 4.jpeg

1.24 - 2.jpeg
1.24 - 3.jpeg
1.24 - 5.jpeg
1.24 - 6.jpeg
1.24 - 7.jpeg
1.24 - 8.jpeg
1.24 - 12.jpeg

Right next to it, this men's Burberry with liner in a rare color, with that green Novacheck variant you rarely see.
1.24 - 9.jpeg

1.24 - 10.jpeg

1.24 - 11.jpeg

Seems it was tweed day, with two Orvis tweeds for the women (and a men's sweater), and a coupe of Connemara Tweed ties.

1.24 - 17.jpeg

1.24 - 14.jpeg

1.24 - 13.jpeg

Brand new Vortex Optics binocular harness
1.24 - 18.jpeg

Not a bad one-stop at a tiny store . . .

This last set of items I picked up at last week's auction, where they went out for a few bucks (being sold as refrigerator glass). Nah.

1.24 - 15.jpeg

The acid-etched brand stamp is almost impossible to see, but this is actually quite rare Val St Lambert crystal ware. Specifically, their Metropolis line, designed by Larry Laslo. Each of those larger platters weighs 6lb!
1.24 - 16.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone else check books for autographs? I never really expect to find decent ones...

B2BB01C7-BC31-43D6-B840-9C0ECA1F3146.jpeg

A60A40B4-1790-44CE-8147-CB03ACD6DCEC.jpeg

Attachments

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

carreragt7

Reaction score
Is it emeril x all clad? I have a few of those
Wait. Seriously? I thought I’d been getting the old imitation/flattery fakeout when I’d think it was an all clad and then I’d see it say emeril on it... I’ve left a few decent sized ones.
And yes, not a glamorous thing to post about but I’ve been looking at kitchen stuff solely because of you guys bringing it to my attention. I eat out way too much (TWHS) and am trying to get healthier by cooking more at home.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.