• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The stuff you all find at BE is wild. The best thing I’ve ever found at the Minneapolis BE is like a pair of Levi’s 511s or an old sweater from Urban Outfitters.

I did an experiment there once. I brought in a bunch of random crap that wasn't selling on eBay and a handful of top tier stuff that I wasn't planning to sell there, but I wanted to see what they'd offer. Just for kicks. They turned down a Tom Ford suit (they said most people don't buy suits there and the lapels weren't in style; too wide), a current Isaia houndstooth sportcoat (no reason), a recent Brioni 180's solid charcoal suit (nobody buys suits there and the pants were pleated), Epaulet solid charcoal flannel pants (no reason) and a Zegna Quindici tie (too wide; it was 3.25" wide...). However, they did take a bunch of random 1991 World Series shirts, a crappy H&M blazer, a pair of Toms, couple pairs of Swimms and a pair of Uniqlo selvedge jeans. They also offered to buy half a Banana Republic POW check suit (they turned the pants away because they were too "wide").

picard-facepalm.jpg

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like a repro but i reall Can’t tell for sure yet

That’s got two copyright dates on it. The repros for the brands I’ve checked out either don’t have them or list the actual production year, not dates from the 80s. I haven’t investigated PP repros, but that’d be a good place to start...

Brb

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ex
That’s got two copyright dates on it. The repros for the brands I’ve checked out either don’t have them or list the actual production year, not dates from the 80s. I haven’t investigated PP repros, but that’d be a good place to start...

Brb
A86D3818-8C8E-442F-BA70-A4B6DD5D7987.png

7B94FB3B-A125-42DF-8B0A-1533214D1A06.jpeg

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i think hes referring to the roman numeral style copyright though.
not saying youre right or wrong...YET.
i've only had one other PP board that signed one from back in the summer and the copyrght was the same as on the one i got today,having said that the one i got today IS in unbeliavable condition,like almost too good to be true .so it very well may be...

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah. Any of it, but particularly the Roman numeral style. Some reissues (and artists who do reproductions or restoration paint jobs on old decks) don’t do that for fear the customer will try to sell it as original or NOS.

Edit — or some do have the 80s date, but something else is changed. Totally forgot about my Vision reissue. It has the 80s copyright date, but they left Gator’s name off it (mostly because he’s a felon, but also to distinguish it, they told me).

But I haven’t looked into PP. just thought it’d be an easy place to start.

Plus that thing is just cool regardless...

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh — you can measure the hole pattern. That should tell you. The truck baseplate should be 42x65 mm, as opposed to 42x55, apparently.

I don’t think Gullwing reissued those trucks, but...lemme google that.

Plus I have that same Body Glove sticker on my trunk from summer camp. That’s a good sign.

52F5BD2C-012A-49EA-AC9A-0FAF249662B0.jpeg

Last edited:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh — you can measure the hole pattern. That should tell you. The truck baseplate should be 42x65 mm, as opposed to 42x55, apparently.

Plus I have that same Body Glove sticker on my trunk from summer camp. That’s a good sign.

View attachment 1318716

View attachment 1318717

lol when i saw that Bodyglove sticker i thought of you,no ****.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1318716

View attachment 1318717
These ones?
CB465763-5F28-4332-90FC-5F66238BCD6F.jpeg

$29.99

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads