• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
Buy a nice pellet grill/smoker and put the turkey in there. You'll never go back to oven-prepared turkey.

The correct answer is “Big Green Egg”.
DCABBA1E-CD72-44F4-B5D7-B5DA35DFC15D.jpeg ABCF9E3C-42FD-490F-B2AC-2FC964967112.jpeg

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The correct answer is “Big Green Egg”.
View attachment 1300797 View attachment 1300796
I’m pretty sure my wife would notice if I brought that home. She might believe I thrifted it though, at least until the credit card bill showed up. I did, however, pick up a Weber Kettle including rotisserie unit and pizza kettle ring/stone over the summer for thrift prices. Maybe rotisserie turkey is the way to go next year...

Button hole

Reaction score
Is it always a fail to leave behind Bausch and Lomb Ray Bans? I found a pair of the Wayfarer in my local thrift and they were 25$, but the condition was piss poor. Frame scratched all up and hinges felt degraded. I do think that the market for them is still around $100-200 I assume.

I don’t think it’s necessarily a fail. I had a two week period where I found like 3 of them back to back to back visits. That was about 2 months ago and at the time the market was $80-$100 for a quick flip with the best pairs selling a bit higher. I left 1 and bout two, and the one a left was beat to hell. Kept the other pairs and haven’t got around to listing yet because they are on my daily rotation at the moment.

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did a lunchtime thrift run for the first time in forever. Nothing earth shaking but I picked up two BB Non-Iron dress shirts and a HF tie for personal use. Also found a Pete Yorn promo CD...which is really cool being a huge PY fan like I am. The Goodwill raised the price of their ties from $2 to $4 dollars....so they have two decent sized racks bursting with Tommy Hilfiger, Burt Pulitzer, Geoffrey Beene, and Club Room ?

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JChong8

Reaction score
Thanks @jkidd41011. It has genuine coyote fur and the exterior is in decent condition. One or two spots of wear and stain, but considering the age, it’s not bad at all. The worst condition piece was the zipper pullers. That shows the age of the jacket as well as they are actually a bit rusted and corroded. These are built for legit expeditions though and I think @flipstah found a vintage Eddie Bauer Kara Korum Parka.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @jkidd41011. It has genuine coyote fur and the exterior is in decent condition. One or two spots of wear and stain, but considering the age, it’s not bad at all. The worst condition piece was the zipper pullers. That shows the age of the jacket as well as they are actually a bit rusted and corroded. These are built for legit expeditions though and I think @flipstah found a vintage Eddie Bauer Kara Korum Parka.

My guess is that is goose down as well based on the listings. Between be vintage and a great substitute for a Canada Goode jacket I can see why there is a market,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads