• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bensm1th

Reaction score
got a text from my storage connection. Went over and did this.

2 shoes
42 full pelt caiman skins
69 tail skins
One insane 16 foot albino matte anaconda
Two 7” broadtail pelts
One sheared something pelt
3 ostrich pelts
One shredded gold python pelt
11 incredible fashion books I was missing from my collection (had the RL but not the limited edition one)
1 banksy

PPU $8.50ish
View attachment 1285629 View attachment 1285633 View attachment 1285636 View attachment 1285638 View attachment 1285641 View attachment 1285644 View attachment 1285647 View attachment 1285649 View attachment 1285650 View attachment 1285651 View attachment 1285652 View attachment 1285653 View attachment 1285654 View attachment 1285655 View attachment 1285656

Check out the comps on the book. NFS though.
I like how you casually mention the Banksy at the end....

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Annnnd I'm jealous @dadjeans

I've never had Grade B Maple Syrup which is supposed to be the ****
You mean "The syrup formerly known as grade B". Better for you than grade A (more antioxidants) Leave it to Canada to get it backwards. Within the last year or so they changed them all to grade A. Dark Robust is the one you want. I figure they changed it because the average grocery wouldn’t want to carry anything other than grade A, making the good stuff hard to sell. We've always had to order it online, until recently.

Last edited:

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean The syrup formerly known as grade B. Better for you than grade...

Maple syrup is serious business here but more so in Quebec. Google Quebec's Maple Syrup Federation. They really run things *their way* to the point of trying to ruin other small producers that don't bend the knee to them.

Ok, where's more thrift shots? :)

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally.
20191120_114219.jpg

I paid up for the pair, but they're for me so I justified the purchase. It was actually on auction, and there were two of us for the receiver, and way too many for the amp. After the auction, someone who dropped out blurted out that I paid too much, said it was onlly like a couple hundred more on the bay for a tested one.
So I had thought I done my research and said one sold for about 600 more and i said so. Then a few minutes later he shoves his phone in my face and says see you paid too much. Something about his tone really set me off and I did the baboon thing and stood up, pushed him back and called him out, and told him to settle this outside. Paraphrasing, but I do remember calling him a little ***** ala Jessee Pinkman. I dont know what took hold of me, maybe it was him wearing golf branded clothes including a tucked in polo shirt that was two sizes too small for his chubby ass. Anyways, so he wouldn't go outside, and a fairly big guy got in between us and told me to sit down. I subsequently bid him up on everything I saw him bid on, which wasn't as much as I would have wanted. At the end of the auction, I was still on tilt, and I started up again, told him I'd meet him outside, and go out to wait. A couple people leaving told me congrats on winning the auction, and the guy was being a jerk, the guy doesn't come out, but the guy running the auction comes out said he's asking him to call the cops. Turns out I was right about him being a little *****. Last thing my thrift shopping addicted self wants to happen is to be banned from one of the best spots in town so I left. Now I'm calming myself down posting this before I go back to pick up my new receiver and amp. So, how has your Saturday been going?

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Estate sale

Decent Brags. Pics later have to help clean house for Thanksgiving.

Polo Country shirt
Chanel women’s shirt dress $1.50
Alden (for myself)
Vasque Boots
A thriftmas buddy find
A set of the Colored Pyrex bowls in perfect shape for the wife
An Oreck Vacuum (we needed one to supplement the roomba)
TWO pair of Zelli Crocodile shoes with boxes and bags
Industrial hot glue gun (wife’s)

Traded some of odd ball size Alden’s (one was thrift and one e-thrift) for a new pair of Alden and new AE with fellow SF Member AND discovered I can wear a medium width in Aberdeen last!

madeinbogota

Reaction score

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maple syrup is serious business here but more so in Quebec. Google Quebec's Maple Syrup Federation. They really run things *their way* to the point of trying to ruin other small producers that don't bend the knee to them.

Ok, where's more thrift shots? :)

Yep ,that's where I had it .Quebec city,amazing place if any of you ever wanna experience Europe in North America

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally.
View attachment 1285713
I paid up for the pair, but they're for me so I justified the purchase. It was actually on auction, and there were two of us for the receiver, and way too many for the amp. After the auction, someone who dropped out blurted out that I paid too much, said it was onlly like a couple hundred more on the bay for a tested one.
So I had thought I done my research and said one sold for about 600 more and i said so. Then a few minutes later he shoves his phone in my face and says see you paid too much. Something about his tone really set me off and I did the baboon thing and stood up, pushed him back and called him out, and told him to settle this outside. Paraphrasing, but I do remember calling him a little ***** ala Jessee Pinkman. I dont know what took hold of me, maybe it was him wearing golf branded clothes including a tucked in polo shirt that was two sizes too small for his chubby ass. Anyways, so he wouldn't go outside, and a fairly big guy got in between us and told me to sit down. I subsequently bid him up on everything I saw him bid on, which wasn't as much as I would have wanted. At the end of the auction, I was still on tilt, and I started up again, told him I'd meet him outside, and go out to wait. A couple people leaving told me congrats on winning the auction, and the guy was being a jerk, the guy doesn't come out, but the guy running the auction comes out said he's asking him to call the cops. Turns out I was right about him being a little *****. Last thing my thrift shopping addicted self wants to happen is to be banned from one of the best spots in town so I left. Now I'm calming myself down posting this before I go back to pick up my new receiver and amp. So, how has your Saturday been going?

Was there any carts kicked though ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads