• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 6: Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a $500 gift certificate Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heading up to Toronto from the 20th to 23rd, and will have Friday night/Saturday free - any of the local crew have recommendations for food/things to do while we're in town? If it makes a difference, we're staying by Union Station. Might be able to work in a thrift/consignment shop stop, if anyone has suggestions there either (assuming I can convince the fiancee).

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think that there is that many physically fit people in the entire state of Alabama.
LOL. It wouldn’t be Boulder if I didn’t chat with a legendary ultra-endurance athlete while I was there.

Edit: in the past 15 hours, I've chatted with a legendary ultrarunner, a national champion mountain biker, and a 5.15 rock climber. Just another day around here...

Last edited:

vdubiv

Reaction score
Hell, down here, it looks like everyone is smuggling a boulder under their shirt.
I own a house in Meridian, (guessing you're in Livingston by your User) so I can second this statement. Don't think I've ever even seen a 5k advertised outside of the Base, much less there being any ultra-endurance athletes. Closest thing we got in the area are ultra-endurance eaters.

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hell, down here, it looks like everyone is smuggling a boulder under their shirt.
Y'all did produce arguably the greatest cross-sport athlete, Mr. Bo Jackson, in your state's defense.

But I did work out of Mobile, so I get where you're coming from lol

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own a house in Meridian, (guessing you're in Livingston by your User) so I can second this statement. Don't think I've ever even seen a 5k advertised outside of the Base, much less there being any ultra-endurance athletes. Closest thing we got in the area are ultra-endurance eaters.
Knew a "ultra-endurance eater" in AL, and we would joke with him saying, "Buffets are all-you-can-eat, not all-YOU-can-eat" when he came back with his 12th plate. Good memories.

thefringthing

Reaction score
Heading up to Toronto from the 20th to 23rd, and will have Friday night/Saturday free - any of the local crew have recommendations for food/things to do while we're in town? If it makes a difference, we're staying by Union Station. Might be able to work in a thrift/consignment shop stop, if anyone has suggestions there either (assuming I can convince the fiancee).
Get momos at Loga's Corner in Parkdale.

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
Had a great time meeting up with @ATLjon for Day 2 of the Great Atlanta Consignment Sale. As noted previously, lots of very nice, very expensive stuff. My takeaway is that my expectations have been wrecked (enlightened?) by the #ThriftLife.

Didn't leave empty handed though. Snagged a few pair of nice shoe trees for $7.50 ea.

20191115_135334.jpg

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been sitting on a Dillard’s store closing sale for a while. Decided to pull the trigger with the latest round of markdowns.

This was the only thing decent left in my size. (I was hoping to get some dirt cheap Cremieux suits, but they were gone.) Fully canvassed.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.7%
  • 31 - 40