• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes, whoever added those buttons also stitched pink thread around every buttonhole. Think I should remove all that or just sell it as is?
Remove. The target market as it stands (N=1) just gave that to a thrift.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
Having a real, as the kids would say “oh brother” moment at the thrift store. I bought it because it was $7 but I don’t think I’ll be able to removed the embroidery without it being noticeable. Do company logos to Columbia fleece vest not bird skeleton brand.
546A4D94-3D2F-4DF9-8AC8-F0B3B103FAA4.jpeg

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes, whoever added those buttons also stitched pink thread around every buttonhole. Think I should remove all that or just sell it as is?
Yeah it's gonna be tedious and there may not be much original thread left underneath if it was worn through, but I'd remove the Pink thread and buttons and etc.

It's a nice piece with authentic wear. Someone nearly "Bubba'd" that jacket for their own personal taste without regard to it's history and value, but it's still at a point where it can be reversed and made right for future persons who will appreciate all that.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Having a real, as the kids would say “oh brother” moment at the thrift store. I bought it because it was $7 but I don’t think I’ll be able to removed the embroidery without it being noticeable. Do company logos to Columbia fleece vest not bird skeleton brand.
View attachment 1279427
That’s not always a dealbreaker for me. I’ve got this one on the back of a Patagonia Capilene shirt.At least it’s from a ski shop... I wouldn’t wear a Microsoft logo.:hide:

108D106A-50D1-4F94-B598-55C05B653AF1.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
London city thrift fit!

Hermès blazer by @ORLThrifter, TM Lewin shirt, M&S wool/cash flannels, Cleverley shoes by me and Rampley & Co tie & square.

75D286DE-40EC-4211-8093-BAE569F85A24.jpeg
16C7D928-51ED-43E7-8831-231FBF8E2D6D.jpeg

What a night.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.