• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t know which is worse, how badly they priced this or that it sat there for two weeks waiting for me. Either way it was a nice and unexpected pop.
$12.99 is the going rate here for anything that isn't a rag, and some that are (few cheap stores are the exception). Up from $3-4 only 5 years ago when I got in this game.

bert9000

Reaction score
These were over a couple months. Been pretty dry, @flipstah knows

2 Tom Ford orphans

DSC_6509 (Copy).JPG

DSC_6579 (Copy).JPG

Weirdo lapel PS London
DSC_6520 (Copy).JPG

DSC_6591 (Copy).JPG

These 2 I'm betting are from @flipstah's guy a while back, found the day after
DSC_6609 (Copy).JPG

DSC_6621 (Copy).JPG

Thread first? Old Joe
DSC_6632 (Copy).JPG

DSC_6736 (Copy).JPG

Kinda hideous, but new and decent retail price
DSC_6742 (Copy).JPG
DSC_6753 (Copy).JPG

BB Lardini. Nothing special, but one of my favorite finds out of all these. 1 button velvet jacket
DSC_6638 (Copy).JPG

Canali silver label
DSC_6687 (Copy).JPG

DSC_6762 (Copy).JPG
DSC_6763 (Copy).JPG

Couple Big Guy Sammies from one stop. Left them in the pile too long and they got a bit wrinkled. 2 are Collection
DSC_6813 (Copy).JPG
DSC_6825 (Copy).JPG
DSC_6837 (Copy).JPG
DSC_6870 (Copy).JPG

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need an assist on this one
Newer stuff is pretty straight forward
Is older stuff worth anything or is it akin to old suits?
It's not without flaws either, so need to know if it's worth the effort or if I exchange it

Attachments

• IMG_20190903_215256.jpg
    IMG_20190903_215256.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20190903_215341.jpg
    IMG_20190903_215341.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 25

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
A few of you PM'd asking for more deets on those current/recent Oxxford and Canali from my post last week, so here ya go . . .

The Oxxford is as nice a piece as I have seen from them. Buttersoft fabric, probably cashmere or a blend (oddly, it's not stated). Beautiful coral herringbone, functional cuffs. I would totally have rocked this if it had been my size. This one is a trim-fit 40 R.

5207 - 1.jpg

5207 - 8.jpg
5207 - 9.jpg

And this recent Canali is gorgeous too: wool/silk/linen 43/32/25%. I've always liked peak lapels on an SB SC. Marked 54, but with a hair-raisingly trim fit, more like a 42 trim.

5215 - 1.jpg

5215 - 6.jpg
5215 - 12.jpg

Last edited:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Oxxford is as nice a piece as I have seen from them. Buttersoft fabric, probably cashmere or a blend (oddly, it's not stated)

I sold an Oxxford long ago that had a very similar fabric. Same size and style of herringbone, same amount of fuzziness. I also recall it being extremely soft and I assumed cashmere blend. However, the tag states its 100% Wool:

1-14.JPG

1-18.JPG

bert9000

Reaction score
do you or anyone else have the method bookmarked a member is asking about it.if not I'll write it up again

okay so since a few people asked heres my method.
first of all try this at your own risk,as a matter of fact you should try it on a pair of pants you can experiment on.
buy a pair that if you ruin them its no big deal.
secondly all the suits i tried this on were 100% wool,so if there is silk or cashmere blends i dont know .
get a bowl/tub from a dollar store big enough for a pair of pants and fill it with bleach about one inch deep.
place it near a running tap with cold water.
soak the affected areas in the bleach for 10-15 seconds rubbing the cotton against itself,you can also use a soft toothbrush.
do not soak it for more then 10-15 seconds!
yes the wool part of the pants will be in the bleach as well.
immediately run it under the tap to get the bleach off the wool.
repeat if necessary,ive never had to do it more then twice in one sitting.
yes the top of the pants will get soaked,but thats okay.let it dry normally and then steam them and they will be fine.
or run them through the dryer if you have a cool air setting.
ive done this with zegna couture and isaia suits in black navy and charcoal and they came out crispy white with ZERO spotting on the wool itself.
this works on teh silk lining and the cotton zipper piece were most piss stains reside.
so 10-15 seconds,blast of cool water and then dry.do not use warm or hot water .
ive done this with 100% success,even the trial pants.
next time i have the chance to do it i will post some pics .

In my case it was just a small spot so I dipped a Q tip in bleach and just dabbed the area. Used a wet paper towel to wash it out after.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is your pants method, but is it The Method? I think The Method involves soaking garments in OxiClean for up to 48 hours.

We must get our nomenclature straight!

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought "The Method" involved making a concentrated paste of OxyClean powder, the inside of a bucket and white vinegar. :puzzled:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Actually the method is All right, y'all get ya weed out, get ya meth, get your skins. Don't forget your forty. And we gonna do it like this!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads